IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Narayana Maharaja and Higher Teachings

Rate this topic

Where most devotees objections arise is when some unscrupulous person, (not Narayana Prabhu as far as I know in this regard), gives the 11 fold items of Siddha Pranali identity and the instructions for the practise of that highest rasa to devtoees of any level like it is candy.

Do you know any such unscrupulous rascals?

Guest guest

No thank Krsna.

I only hear of them from my godbrothers and sisters who meet them, mostly in India, they call themselves "so and so" babaji. And then some of their disciples come here and try to teach.

One young white bodied rascal is passing such nonsense around the world right now. He has sex with all his female disciples. What is his name again. He just wrote a book, and is making his rounds in Cali and the Pac Northwest initiating people into raganuga by sex, and "revealing" their eternal manjari identities.

Acharya das or some such.

Anyway, the subject is rather sickening.

Why are you looking for someone who can tell you who you are? I thought Narayan Maharaj claims to be able to do that if one is qualified.

A lot of the time this talk you hear is something someone heard from someone, and again from someone, and god only knows how distorted the "facts" get in the end.

The person you mention must be Pitambara Das. He is doing a wild one-man show and is undoubtedly shunned by any and all other Gaudiyas who come to hear of his ideas and practices, every babaji included.

Why are you looking for someone who can tell you who you are? I thought Narayan Maharaj claims to be able to do that if one is qualified.

Srila Narayana Maharaja says that an advanced tattva-jna rasika bhakta in the role of guru can do such things. Generally in his humility he does not claim to personally have this qualification. Sometimes in the mood of acarya abhimana, he will say things like, "I could tell you, your Prabhupada's eternal svarupa, but you are not qualified." I'm sure that all of Srila Prabhupada's followers believe that he has the power or shakti to reveal ones eternal form if one is so qualified by the process of bhakti and the mercy of guru, the vaisnavas and Krsna.

Guest guest

Raga,

Where there is smoke there is fire.

And I won't name names except for that Pitambara character, who was exactly who I was remembering, because he is so transparent that I guess I am not afraid of someone checking him out. Maybe I should be.

Anyway, your implication that this is rare is noted. I don't want to tussle over such matters. It happens, it will not end but spread unfortunately amongst the largely indolent sahajya populus of America especially, and people should be aware of the truth of it.

Hari Bol

Guest guest

Shakti Fan,

"Generally in his humility he does not claim to personally have this qualification."

I have not spent enough time with him to know if what you say is true.

Would that mean that when he does, it is not humble of him when he says.

"If someone who is not free from anarthas comes to me, it would

be absurd to reveal his siddha-svarupa, or siddha-deha (spiritual

body)."

Which directly implies that he has that capability on line?

Whether that is spoken with humility or not is not mine to judge.

The context and mood of the situation determines that.

But if he is on such an advanced level he probably does not have a problem being humble.

Hare Krsna

One time I was in Badger and suddenly Srila Narayana Maharaja came out of his room onto the grounds with no announcement. There was a small group of devotees in the immediate area including one young man with very long hair. Sila Narayana Maharaja looked at the long haired man and said, "you have been coming for so long (a couple of years) and hearing Hari Katha, you should take Hare Nama". The young man said, "yes but I would have to cut my hair and I can't do that, I guess I'm a kanistha adhikari." Srila Narayana Maharaja replied, "You are so attached to your hair that I think that you have no adhikara!" Then one devotee said to Srila Narayana Maharaja, "Gurudeva, we think that you are an uttama adhikari". Srila Narayana Maharaja looked down and replied, "No, I think that just now I may be entering the stage of Madhyama adhikari."

Guest guest

Interesting Story.

So either he was saying that as a preaching convention speaking to the moment in order to get some reaction from the hippy.

Or he is using word jugglery as in, he is Uttama and has been all this time, but now because he finally found a rascal worth mixing it up for, he has finally decided to descend and "enter" the Madhyama platform to save someone.

Or that hippy slipped something funny in his Prasadam that day.

because certainly a kanistha just recently improving his adhikari would not have the foggiest notion of what someone's eternal swarupa is, nor the qualification to guide them through the exact pranali process to realize it for themselves.

Certainly never a dull moment around Narayana Maharaj. He has that going for him in spades.

because certainly a kanistha just recently improving his adhikari would not have the foggiest notion of what someone's eternal swarupa is, nor the qualification to guide them through the exact pranali process to realize it for themselves.

Modern languages are generally inexact. But the general principle given by Srila Sridhar Maharaja is that as denotation increases connotation decreases and as connotation increases denotation decreases. Every statement must be viewed within context. If one is lacking in experience in a particuliar subject they may have to be given more background information. To find the proper context of Srila Narayana Maharaja's statements to the "hippy" read "Sri Guru and His Grace" by Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar-deva Goswami Maharaja.

Guest guest

Thanks for the advice but I read that book, and I believe my annotation is accurate enough for me.

Thanks for the advice but I read that book, and I believe my annotation is accurate enough for me.

Then since you have already read Sri Guru and His Grace try to enter into the spirit of it, at least in your posts. As far as already having read a transcendental book, remember, "repetition of sensation does not equal experience"(Sridhar Maharaja).

Guest guest

Dear Shaktifan.

I do not remember reading anywhere in Sri Guru and His Grace where Sridhar Maharaja promoted offering unsolicited advice and proselytizing.

The reason why I generally see clearly what others apparently cannot is not due to overwhelming memorization of scriptural knowledge, but from being flat on my face in tears day after day, and following the instructions of my Spiritual master.

So my B.S. sensors are more developed than most. I may not be an uttama adhikari, but without false humility, very few can call me their fool. Doesn't matter where they were born, or how well organized their mind is around the Sanskrit analysis of esoteric Bhakti Teachings. Bhakti street smarts trumps that anyday.

Hare Krsna

Then since you have already read Sri Guru and His Grace try to enter into the spirit of it, at least in your posts. As far as already having read a transcendental book, remember, "repetition of sensation does not equal experience"(Sridhar Maharaja).

I have read Sri Guru and His Grace too. In fact there is a paragraph in there which I wrote. Not Guru Maharaj. The editor decided that my words were in keeping with the flow of what Guru Maharaj was getting at so he used my words instead of words we were hearing on tapes.

Which just goes to show that the direct instruction we get from the Divine is more important than words in books. Books can help us but ultimately, as Srila Sridhar Maharaj often said, we need to rely on our inner faith and inner realization. Being a mindless follower of books or of Authority figures is not the way of devotion that Guru Maharaj taught us. My siksa guru says, "do as you think is best". Which of course is what Krishna told Arjuna when He finished giving His sermon at Kurukshetra.

Guest guest

Oh so doing what you think is best is to come onto this discussion board Glorifying your Guru at 6:38 pm in the topic Sripat Bamunpura and giving a link to one of his ashrams

And then 15 minutest later on another thread telling someone that on the authority of your guru that he should not recommend your Guru to anyone on a "Discussion Forum" like this one.

And you expect anyone to take your "divine intuition" seriously?

Guest guest

oh, thats real nice.

a little chastisement and thats it. I am a great offender. And you must treat me like I am dead.

I thought that Guru was one. I thought he could be everywhere and anywhere the truth was being spoken. No matter how unpalatable.

You can't have it both ways you know. You need to practice what you preach, or practice pennance of speech and hear a little.

But I am a dead man quoting scripture, what do I know.