IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Yama/Yami or Manu: who is the first man/woman?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

according to wikipedia:

In Vedic beliefs, Yamī is the first woman, along with her twin brother, Yama. The Rig Veda, in the tenth Mandala, contains a hymn in which they sing to each other. They were children of Surya.

I thought Manu was the first man?

Guest guest

according to wikipedia:

I thought Manu was the first man?

well, is the concept of Manu alive during the Vedic period or is it closer to the Puranic period?

Is Manu mentioned in any of the Vedas or Upanishads?

If not, then maybe it just represents a different stream of thought hundreds of years apart, where a new representation of the "first person" took ahold based on new experiences and possibly a new cultural center in India.

Guest guest

According to all Hindu sites I have visited, the name of the present Manu is Vaivasvata, the son of the Sun-God, Surya, who is also Yami/Yama's father.

What has not been clear is if this Manu Vaivasvata is the one who first seeded our Planet Earth during this human cycle?

Well when Lord Brahma Gets Created He creates Prajapati He is the first Human.But sexual reproduction is started by Manu and Satrupa.That is how we are created in every Kalpa. Later when Westerners get Destroyed in Sarpa Yagya Lord creates Adam and Eve and they propogate Blonde Races.This is the whole story.

Well when Lord Brahma Gets Created He creates Prajapati He is the first Human.But sexual reproduction is started by Manu and Satrupa.That is how we are created in every Kalpa. Later when Westerners get Destroyed in Sarpa Yagya Lord creates Adam and Eve and they propogate Blonde Races.This is the whole story.

U were going so well man......but adam an eve where in the ved does it say that...or in the six sastras? Man!I thaught u will be a...well having doubts now....:eek:

Guest guest

U were going so well man......but adam an eve where in the ved does it say that...or in the six sastras? Man!I thaught u will be a...well having doubts now....:eek:

yeah he lost me with Adam and Eve. where does it say in vedas that God created women from Adam's rib, and that all humans are cursed because Eve ate an apple that Satan tempted her with?

yeah he lost me with Adam and Eve. where does it say in vedas that God created women from Adam's rib, and that all humans are cursed because Eve ate an apple that Satan tempted her with?

Thanks Man!.....for putting in the details about "ribs", "apple" and "Satan"....

Nothing like that is written in the ved.....so from where did pranay2....got such a theory:eek:....

There is no opposite energy of god as per hinduism so "Satan" well fooooooey...

I think pranay2 thaught of this theory by himself like mughal king akbar did about islam & hinduism.....