IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Rishi_L

Brahmas And Shivas Of Other Universes

Rate this topic

Hey people, I've been visiting these forums for a few months now but today I've finally decided to join and make a new thread. I'm a proud Hindu and have been all my life. I'd like to think I know at least a bit about my religion, although it is enormously complex and vast (with a simple message of truth at its core). One thing has left me intrigued though. I remember reading a story in the Caitanya-caritamrta about Krishna summoning an unlimited number of Brahmas and Shivas from other universes inside a palace at Dwaraka. Many of these Brahmas and Shivas had thousands of heads, some even had millions of heads. I was wondering why this was the case. Is the number of heads the Brahmas and Shivas have indicative of the size of the particular universes they create and destroy? Like the more heads they have, the larger the universe they exist in is. I thought this might actually be true, because I remember reading a line from that story that said something like our four-headed Brahma feeling like 'a rabbit among many elephants'. I'm sorry if this seems like an amateurish question, but if any of you guys know the answer then let me know. Thanks! :)

Is the number of heads the Brahmas and Shivas have indicative of the size of the particular universes they create and destroy?

Yes, thats the exact reason. Brahma needs to be able to survey his entire universe at once, so based on the size of the universe he is given many heads.

Exactly how he surveys is really not within any of our comprehension.

Guest guest

considering how vast our universe is, and it takes "our Brahma" only four heads, I can only imagine what these other universes must be like, where the "brahmas" there have hundreds or thousands of heads. Truly boggles the mind!

I think super-string theory of modern quantum physics is proof of these many universes. :)