IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
saumya

why are we here?

Rate this topic

Hi,

this is probably most basic of questions here.But I always think that why are we here in earth.Just go to office, earn money, have kids, then die one day !! what nonsense?I am confused of myself. I do not know what to do?When I look inside me, I found myself looking for something, but could not get it?When I started praying, then for that period of time I found myself to be best of my body and mind. But why that happens to me.

I found my friends are happily doing nonsenses(accoring to me), they say they are enjoying life, but I found I am missing something all the time.

But when I am praying I found I am the happiest of all. There is something called GOD.I started beliveing in Heaven too.

When I was a child my parents always toldme to pray, but that did not happen.Now I realise why they were telling me to do so.

See, now I am confused I do not know what to ask now? !! what is happening to me?

help me please.I will go mad.

Guest guest

Devotee (1): In the Srimad-Bhagavatam, it says that Krishna (God) did not want us to come to this material world. If God did not want us to come, why are we here?

Prabhupada: Yes. You forced God to allow you to come. Just like sometimes a child forces his father. Father says, "My dear son, do not do this. Do not go there." But he insists, "Oh, I must go. I must go.All right, you go at your risk. That's all. And you suffer. What can be done?" Because you are son of God--God has got independence, full independence, almighty--therefore you have acquired the quality of your father. You have got little independence. So God does not interfere with your little independence. If you persist that "I must go and enjoy independently," so God says, "All right, you can go." This is the position. You have to take sanction. That is a fact. But when you persist, God sanctions. And you come and enjoy. Beginning from Lord Brahma down to the worms in the stool, gradually, according to your work, according to your desire, you manufacture your different types of body and enjoy and suffer. That's all. That is explained. Prakrti-stho hi bhunkte prakrti-jan gunan. And as soon as you, entangled in different types of punishment, not enjoyment but punishment.

So in this way, being punished in different types of life, when we come to the sense... That sense can come in human form of life. When we understand that "I have traveled through, in, transmigrated from many species of life, but every life I can see, not that I have forgotten. Even if I have forgotten, I can see the suffering of the cats, dogs, tiger, man, bulldog and everyone. So I had all these lives in the past. Evolutionary process, I have come to this human. So I suffered all these things. So when the question comes, "Why shall I suffer?" then the inquiry--this is called, Vedanta-sutra, athato brahma-jijnasa--the inquiry of God begins. That is human life.

If you want to know why you were placed on this planet, you must begin with God. You were born by his purpose and for his purpose.

"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10

God did not need to create you, but he chose to create you for his own enjoyment. You exist for his benefit, his glory, his purpose, and his delight.

Romans 12:1-2

Romans 12:9-16

Romans 8:28-29

Luke 10:30-37

Luke 5:17-26

Meditate on these verses and indeed God will reveal himself as well as his purpose for your life.