IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
renuka

better digestion..!

Rate this topic

Can anyone help me with some natural method of increasing disgestion. I am already into water therapy and daily walking. What more can be done to reduce acidity and uneasy feeling in the stomach.:pray:

Following things will help to your improve digestion.

1. DO NOT drink water (specially cold) before, after and during the meals. If at all you need to drink, drink sparingly or replace it with butter milk.

2. DO NOT eat too much. Always leave some room in your stomach.

3. Light walk (NEVER RUN) after meals is helpful.

4. Avoid tasks that require physical or mental strength immediately after meals.

5. Avoid Tea/Coffee etc.

6. Consume banana.

Comments welcome.

Guest guest

Many of the conventional things that we do when faced with an upset stomach, heartburn, acid reflux, don’t do much to correct the problem, and may in fact increase the chances of the problem recurring. Your stomach’s logical reaction to an antacid neutralizing its acidity is to produce more acid to digest your food and prevent it rotting in your stomach. Papaya enzymes either natural or tablets are supose to help digestion

Guest guest

Here are simple, but EFFECTIVE remedies..!

1) After food, lie down for 5-10 min, on your LEFT side.

2) Do Pushan Mudra.

PUSHAN MUDRA

Dedicated to the sun god, Pushan, the god of nourishment

VERSION l:

Right hand: The tips of the thumb, index finger, and middle finger are on top of

each other; the other fingers are extended.

Left hand: The tips of the thumb, middle finger, and ring finger are on top of each other, the other fingers are extended. This mudra symbolizes accepting and receiving with the gesture of one

hand and letting things flow, giving, and letting go with the gesture of the other. Both should be coordinated with each other in digestion. It influences the energy currents that are responsible

for absorbing and utilizing food, as well as helping with elimination. It intensifies breathing

and therefore the absorption of oxygen and the release of carbon dioxide in the lungs.

It has a relaxing effect on the solar plexus ,the area of the stomach, liver, spleen,

and gallbladder, regulates energies in the autonomic nervous system,

mobilizes energies of elimination, and detoxifies. It has an excellent

effect on general or acute nausea, seasickness, flatulence,

and that sensation of fullness one feels after meals.

(from crystallotus.com/Mudras/3mudra.htm)

3) do Mushti mudra.

Bend your fingers inward and place your thumbs over the ring fingers. Do this with each hand. Do as needed, or three times a day for 15 minutes. The Mushti Mudra activates the liver and stomach energy, promotes digestion, and helps cure constipation.

Guest guest

chew on some fresh ginger root before or after a meal.

Take some lemon slice with the meal.

It is a little hot, but if you can do it your digestion will be fine.

Like said already, never drink liquids after a meal or with the meal.

You can see these hugely obese people coming out of fast-food stores with ice cold drinks in their hands.

Cold drinks are the death of digestion.

Take Lawan Bhaskar Churna if Available.

If not available then use Ginger crushed with honey a few minutes before food. (Dont ever heat honey or keep it in the Sunshine or take it while suffering from fever. Heat turns it to Poison.... says Ayurveda)

Also sit in Vajrasana after eating It is safe to sit in this pose after eating.

Eat a bit less than hunger and fix time for eating dont eat between meals.

lie on your left side with the right side up for some time if possible after meals the walk slowly a Hundred steps.

Do not run after eating.Those who run after a meal Death runs after them. It is very dangerous as the food is shaken and can enter any Nadi.

You probably have all you need, but this is a little different. My husband and I have both experienced GERD. I had it worse. Then we bought this book of natural cures and it stated that raw organic apple cider vinegar will cure GERD. Often this is related to digestive problems. So while I recognize devotees may avoid vinegar, its clearly not like its meat :-) and it is for medicinal purposes. With that said...

The author instructs to put two spoonfulls of it in a glass of water and drink before meals. My husband was fine with that, but I couldn't stand it. Tho did find I could put it on my sald, even rice, even in my dhal! And my digestion has improved because one cause of GERD (as well as some digestion problems) is not too much acid, but too little.

Long story short, when the body has too little acid and food is entering, it artifically produces too much to try to compensate. Anyhow, it worked for us.

Guest guest

After food, pull your belly as far as you can, then push it out all the way. Repeat this as may times as you can, immediately after each meal. You will see a significant improvement after a few weeks.

WALK at least for 20min everyday. Walk slowly for 5 min and keep increasing the speed gradually and slow down gradually and stop.

This condition could be due to poor functioning of pyloritc valve due to lack of exercise.

Don't forget, Jesus loves you and He is the only God!!

With best wishes

--

Venkat

Can anyone help me with some natural method of increasing disgestion. I am already into water therapy and daily walking. What more can be done to reduce acidity and uneasy feeling in the stomach.:pray:

In addition to various suggestions given in this forum on the above subject I wish to give a few tips. Timely food is important. Give rest to stomach by taking Upavas if possible one day a month or atleast skip food one time a week as the Sanskrit saying goes "Lankanam Parama Aushadam" Skipping (food) is the best medicine. After food take a small piece of Native Jaggary (gud), it enhances the flow of digestive secretions in the stomach. End your meal with a cup of Butter milk with salt, corriander leaves, hing and cummin seeds (fresh or fried). Try this regularly and find the results. Wish you Best of Health.

Guest guest

Simple, effictive and without paying for medicines with hidden adverse reaction - dont eat after 4 pm.

The amino acid Taurine really helped me. Even though I started taking it for another reason I noticed a BIG change in my ability to digest food. So I looked it up and found Taurine is an essential ingredient in bile. That was some months back and the benefit is still there. 1 or 2 gms is all I use.

I have also been taking papaya enzymes with every meal. Tremendous help. I have to make sure I also take amalyse which is the enzyme that digests starches.

Good luck

Eat rice mixed with ginger-curry leaves chutney, pudina-garlic chutney, amla-methi seeds chutney and Dhania leaf chutney on a regular basis. Sleep for atleast 8 hours a day. consume all vegetables and fruits. If nothing works, start doing meditation through the process of self-realization from an experienced spiritual teacher and you should be cured in a month or two of daily meditation practice. Chronic indigestion affects those persons who are never contented with whatever they have in their life most of the time. Once the contentment comes, the digestive system starts functioning normally.

Go to this website

www.kitchendoctor.com

First see what your body type/dosha is vata, kapha, pitta. Usually people are a bit of all for eg. I am 46% kapha 36% vata , and 19% pitta. So go there fill out a questionare and it will tell you what your body type is, then read the website and find out what foods are right for you. Some body types can eat certain foods while others cannot. What works for others may or may not work for you because they might not have the same body type as you. It will tell you what foods are easily digested by you and what isn't/ what to avoid.

Most people think that ayurvedic treatment or medicine is the same for everyone. That is totally wrong. Ayurveda specifically tells you that you have to eat according to your body type, you cannot eat according to someone elses body type. For eg.According to ayurveda for my body type.. milk, yogurt and anything cold is to be avoided...eventhough a lot of gurus here will give you dietary advice ,for eg. some tell you to drink a lot of milk without enquiring what your body type is.

The good news is that you can add certain spices to milk to make it more suitable for your constitution..for eg. for my constituion, the kapha-vatta type adding cinnamon, cloves and cardamom to milk makes milk more suitable for my body type...that might not be true for other body types..just for mine.

So first find out what your body constitution is and eat according to that, you will see that not just your digestion but your general sense of well being will improve drastically. Remember everyone cannot eat the same thing or practice the same dietary habbits and get the same results, you HAVE to eat according to your body constitution only.