IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
renuka

why guest...?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's because poeple don't want to be identified. Their views may be controversial and hence they want to maintain a low profile when it comes to debating on a public internet forum.

It's because poeple don't want to be identified. Their views may be controversial and hence they want to maintain a low profile when it comes to debating on a public internet forum.

or they just can't be bothered to sign in or sign up, but just want to give an opinion about something. Why should anyone be bothered if someone wants to remain anonymous? That is their prerogative.

I've always been against the 'guest' policy. It's okay to be controversial; it's only not okay to be both controversial and blasphemous. Posts that are both these things usually come from anonymous guests, but not all guests post like this.

Guest guest

What about guests who are to lazy to sign up, but not to lazy to sign their name?

Mark

Guest guest

Anyone can write anything and put your name below finally. How is it now?

Mark :)

Mark, someone can easily impersonate any guest signature. and those who do not sign their posts at all simply create confusion as to who is who...

I also wish those who desire to be anonymous just adopted a unique nickname on this forum. I happen to use my initiated name because I have nothing to hide and nobody can kick me out of the ashram for voicing my opinions :)

Guest guest

Good points all.

I can usually tell who is writing by their style but not all can.

It would be just chummy of one of my "opponents" (am I paranoid or do such persons exist) were to be clever enough to approximate my writing style and post false conclusions attributed to me in order to muck things up.

But "they" probably aren't naturally that clever, yet now that I have clued them in, I suppose I will create an account.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

You mean I am going to need to remember my password to post with my new user name? Isn't there some sort of auto signin feature now, or is that only using netscape.

Krishna I am indolent!

Guest guest

007....Wow! JAMES BOND

I was simply stating this to make it clear that I use the same name whenever I post and that I have nothing to hide.

Guest guest

laughter is good for the soul. I think this forum could use a general discussion section, where devotees could fellowship and get to know one another as people not just screen names.

Guest guest

I was simply stating this to make it clear that I use the same name whenever I post and that I have nothing to hide.

well you didn't sign this post, Mr. Bond. Do we have an imposter? ;)

The first step towards it could be to invite the guests to register. If interested we can review their profile. Or else its like a kind of voice from no where. More often we have a tendency to take the points made by the registered members seriously.