IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

not to be contreversial! (pls)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

but i would just like to know what is a sahijya and what is sahijism?

i have always seen the word, and never known its meaning, i hope it doesnt cause to much conflict as i see that its not looked upin favourably? :s

It means imitation or imitationist. Maybe some other devotees can add to or discuss this further, as I am not so qualified.

Actually the word means something like "natural" or "spontaneous". The Sahajiya devotees pride themselves in being spontaneous and natural, as opposed to those devotees who perform bhakti strictly according to the rules and regulations of scriptures. In doing so they tend to imitate elevated stages of spiritual attainment, like shedding of tears, rolling on the ground, dressing like gopi's etcetera. In this way the meaning of the word sahajiya has become "imitationist", but this is only a secundary meaning.

Guest guest

I'm going to define it in terms of how you commonly hear it in ISKCON. Anyone who discusses or even tries to understand the "higher" topics of rasa. Like Madhurya Rasa. Also, it is commonly used as a ridiculous term against Srila Narayana Maharaja. You can hear it all over the place but until you meet other movements and their Gurus and know within yourself who is real and who isn't, you'll never advance. Don't let other people tell you what to think, think for yourself. The GBC are no more authorized than you to help you make these decisions AND they're not really what Prabhupada wanted in the first place.

Hari Hari.