IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gartxot

Looking for a tantric diksha guru in India

Rate this topic

Dear friend

Your words are of a deep truth. But i have never talked about adopting the vows of sanyasa right now but about being initiated and living in an ashram for some years.

Yes, probably i aim too high, but this is a must if we don't want to overide opportunities that may come across us. First we aim to the highest (highest in the sense of accordance to our preferences, never think that i mean a tantric guru is higher than others), and little by little as life fixes us we keep adjusting until we match what we really deserve or are destined to bear. A yoga vedanta guru would be perfect, a hatha yoga one too... and so forth.

Concerning to Karma Yoga, yes, i have to practice more, my heart still has some thorns to pluck.

Anyway, the stay in India will worth, i'm totally sure.

Gods bless you

Guest guest

Do not pass up the state of West Bengal in your search for a tantrik guru!

The inland jungles and small villages are known to contain quite a few adepts.

I have heard that Bengal is the "land of tantriks".

Guest guest

Building of Ashrams and making disciples bring about the downfall of aspirants. Then, are all stumbling blocks in the path of God-Realization. The aspirant becomes another sort of householder. He develops institutional egoism. He gets attached to his Ashram and disciples. He has now the same cares, worries and anxieties for running the Ashram and the monthly magazine and feeding his disciples. He develops slave-mentality. Thoughts of Ashram revolve in his mind, when he is in a dying condition.

Some Ashrams are nicely managed by the spiritual heads of the respective institutions while they are alive. When they pass away, the disciples who are petty-minded fight amongst themselves in open courts. You can see so many cases going on. The Ashram becomes a fighting centre. Ashram owners have to flatter the donors and appeal for funds very often. How can thought of God remain in his mind, when one has his mind fixed on accumulation of wealth and development of his Ashram? Those who have started Ashrams already may now say: "We are doing good to the people in various ways. We are having religious classes daily. We feed poor people. We are training religious students."

It is quite true that an Ashram run by a selfless dynamic Yogi or a realized soul or a Jivanmukta is a dynamic centre of spirituality. It is spiritual uplift of so many thousands of people. Such centres are needed in all parts of the world. Such Ashrams can do immense spiritual good to the country. But such ideal Ashrams with ideal spiritual heads to run them are very, very rare nowadays. Money is collected in a variety of ways. Some portion is spent for useful purposes. The rest goes to the comforts and conveniences of the founders of the Ashram and their beloved disciples.

The founders of the Ashram in course of time become unconsciously slave of worship and Puja. Maya works in a variety of ways. They are quite eager that people should drink their Charanamrita. How can a man who has the Bhav that he should be worshipped as an Avatara serve the public? Workers are petty-minded. They fight amongst themselves even for trifling things and disturb the peaceful atmosphere of the Ashram. Where then is peace in the Ashram? How can outsiders who visit the Ashram to get Santi, enjoy Santi there?

The founders of the Ashram should live on daily Bhiksha from outside. They should lead an ideal life of absolute self-sacrifice, a life of ideal simplicity like the late Baba Kalikambliwala of Rishikesh, who carried water-pot on his head for the Ashram and himself lived on Bhiksha from outside. Such people alone can do real good to the people. Founders of Ashrams should never appeal for funds. It brings great discredit to the order of Sannyasa itself. It is another way of respectable begging. The habit of begging destroys the subtle, sensitive nature of the intellect and those who appeal for funds frequently do not know what they are doing.

Generally an aspirant is very enthusiastic about his Sadhana in the beginning. He is full of zeal. He takes a great deal of interest. He expects to get some good results soon. When he does not get these results within the expected time be gets discouraged. He loses his interest and slackens his efforts. He gives up his Sadhana entirely. He loses faith in the efficacy of Sadhana itself.

Published By

THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY

P.O. Shivanandanagar—249 192

Distt. Tehri-Garhwal, Uttar Pradesh,

Himalayas, India.

Do not pass up the state of West Bengal in your search for a tantrik guru!

The inland jungles and small villages are known to contain quite a few adepts.

I have heard that Bengal is the "land of tantriks".

Some relatives of mine who live in Kolkata took me to the Tarapith once. It is near Shantiniketan. At the Tarapith I saw one woman sadhu in an ochre sari with matted hair and a snake on her shoulder and I think she was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. It wasn't a good thing for a teenage boy to see.

Guest guest

Number 2 that would be kool if you can find more on him. This might be helpful for gartxot in his quest for a tantric guru.

Gartxot

Here's the information I have. The show was called India Diaries and was shown on national geographic and a1.

The area was Tarapeeth, West Bengal and the guru's name was Nirmal Baba. He is not to be confused with the popular TV Nirmal baba (the faith healer). This Nirmal Baba is a Tantric guru and appears to be genuine. The show said he practiced the benign aspects of Tantra.

If you want to practice yoga-vedanta, then contact The Divine Life Society, Ramakrishna Mission or Aurobindo Ashram.

Guest guest

Dear Gartxot,

If you find any genuine tantrik guru in india during your visit, please write about it. We are seeking too.

Hi gartxot,

I cannot send a private message to you since I do not have 10 posts yet. I too am looking for something or someone siliar to yourself. Please contact me so we can discuss further offline. I would like to share experiences since I too have been practising a form of pranayam for the last 6 years with some great results. I look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings,

C

Different people of different nature need different methods for achieving the same goal. I need difficult things, thus is how i work.

Do you know about downloadable chants to the goddess?

Thanks a lot.

I can relate to what you are saying as I initially tried that Kundalini yoga but I found it to be very unpleasant. Reading Srimad Bhagavatam and other books has made things so much clearer and simpler but like I always say whatever floats your boat. :)

Dear fellows,

After two years and half of daily intense kundalini yoga practice, i have arrived to the point of seriously needing a qualified guru.

I need to be initiated to a tantric sadhana. Shakta Tantra if possible, as it perfectly feets to my ideas and psychology.

I'm travelling to India on October, but have no clue about who or where to ask for. This is not about 'spiritual hollydays', this is for expending several years in an ashram under the guidance of a master.

If anybody knows about ashrams or at least about which are the most tantric states of india, please let me know.

Any information will be preciously appreciated.

Blessings