Guest guest

> hari bol mataji first step peel the yuca, then boil it until soft and

> tender , smashed like a soft dough.Place in to your pizza tray, better if

> you use the round ones with wholes all over to make the crust crispy, bake

> it on 400 untill golden brown ,

PAMO. AGTSP.

With this same procedure I make the Ekadasi pizza with mashed potatoes,

instead of yucca. I will try the yucca for a change. The "lasagna" sounds

great, I will definetly try it. Thank you very much.

ys,

gl dd

Does anyone know a recipe to making pizza dough with buckwheat flour? (for ekadasi)

1 teaspoon active dry yeast

1/2 cup sodawater

2 cups buckwheat flour

1/8 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons melted butter

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Dissolve dry yeast with a tablespoon warm milk and mix it with all ingredients (proof the yeast before using - if it is expired, your dough won't rise, salt added directly to the yeast inhibits or kills it). The dough should be soft but not sticky. Roll out the dough on some baking paper, cover with warm moist cheesecloth and put for 20 min in slightly heated oven. Avoid too high temperature for dough-rising period and keep rising temperature at 75 - 85 degrees F. When dough has doubled in size add pizza topping and bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 min.

All this is wonderful but if we made all these delicious things on Ekadasi how can we say that we did an austerity?

Thanks Indulekhadasi, you're a very sincere Vaishnavi!

The austerity for bhaktas on Ekadasi is not to eat any grains and dahl and to offer foodstuffs with love and devotion to the Lord.

All this is wonderful but if we made all these delicious things on Ekadasi how can we say that we did an austerity?

It kinda sounds to me like when I was Catholic and used to fast on Wednesdays and Fridays on bread and water, and would sometimes drink flavored water. :D LOL

Thanks Indulekhadasi, you're a very sincere Vaishnavi!

The austerity for bhaktas on Ekadasi is not to eat any grains and dahl and to offer foodstuffs with love and devotion to the Lord.

But it seems that since there is a replacement for everything, we are not really doing an austerity. You can have buckwheat cake, pizza, halava- so where is the austerity?

Forgive me for my offensiveness.

Hare Krishna and Jai Nitai

indulekhadasi

indulekhaji,

I 100% agree with you in that Ekadashi is a day of fast and not delicacy and thats what our family practices...as you said there are way too many exceptions and loopholes that you spens more time figuring out how to eat rather than taking in the importance of the fast of our senses and mind...

On that note there is a joke in gujarati about Ekadashi that I want to share...it has a lot of truth to it....

On the morning of Ekadashi, a lady was doing her Krishna pooja and her daughter in law walks into the pooja hall and says...

"Ma, today is Ekadashi, what should I make"

the lady answers....

"Oh, today is Ekadashi, we can't eat anything but go ahead and make buckwheat halwa, sukhi baji, and dhahi (yogurt)."

The daughter in law say,

"Ok mom, I will make it."

The lady replys...

"Today, you are going to be free because we can't eat anything today so you don't have much to cook so go ahead to the market and get farari chips, and farari khadayi"

"But today is Ekadashi, so we can't eat anything"

On that note my grandma would say, that a day of fast becomes a day of feast because the original Ekadashi started as a day of no food and water but eventually the rules accomodated fruits...so we always want comfort but this day is to look at ourself and improve our selfs and that can't happen without us having basic control.

To the original post...keep up these recipes, they are great vegetarian options and can be used for other days as more variation for people like myself who don't have ample and regular access to International food ingredients.

Jai Shri Krishna