IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Poll on initiations in ISKCON

Rate this topic

Which system of initiation do you support?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which system of initiation do you support?

• ISKCON System, Gurus must be liberated souls
    • ISKCON System, Gurus do not need to be liberated souls
    • "The Final Order" Ritvik System
    • Rochan's Sampradaya Acharya
    • Dhira Govinda's Prominent Link
    • Yashodanandana's Temporary Ritvik System
    • Initiation not essential, following Prabhupada is primary

During HH Radhanaths Swamis initiation of new disciples, he says that "I am initiating on behalf of Srila Prabhupada". Doesn't that sound like they are Srila Prabhupadas disciples?

So then you are saying he is a ritvik? Is that correct?

ps I never made any statement about this person or anyone being or not being a discple of Srila Prabhupada. I don't even know HH Radhanatha Swami.

So then you are saying he is a ritvik? Is that correct?

ps I never made any statement about this person or anyone being or not being a discple of Srila Prabhupada. I don't even know HH Radhanatha Swami.

lol. nah, just saying what I heard.

That might be the "Prominent Link" thingie.

gHari, I need a scorecard or something. I can't keep the subtle distinctions straight. They seem to be morphing every year. :confused:

Guest guest

You want an answer to all your problems and questions? Meet my Guru. Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Goswami. www purebhakti com has some of his harikatha. It's a whole new world...

If you're in the California area you can come and meet him soon in LA or in Badger, CA. You have to meet him though and not listen to what ISKCON says, they like to ruin everyones bhakti. Its not Prabhupadas movement anymore, and I grew up in ISKCON my whole life! 20 years! Why do you think SO MANY of Srila Prabhupadas disciples are with him? Look at Jadurani (now, Syamarani)... And if it wasn't for the freakin' GBC putting pressure on all the other ISKCON Sannyasis who were going to him in the 90s maybe some more of ISKCON would be happier and full of Bhakti. He's changed so many peoples lives, why not yours? You have kids who are chanting more rounds every day then most of the iskcon followers! Amazing! Some youth who are aspiring to be Vaisnavas.

Gaura hari hari bol!

Someone with a changing IP address voted 100 times for the "ISKCON Guru's liberated" option, so the results are meaningless now. Next time we will only allow registered members to vote.

That shows how someone is fanatic. If he wants to learn it the hard way, who can save him?

Its not Prabhupadas movement anymore, and I grew up in ISKCON my whole life! 20 years! Why do you think SO MANY of Srila Prabhupadas disciples are with him? Look at Jadurani (now, Syamarani)... And if it wasn't for the freakin' GBC putting pressure on all the other ISKCON Sannyasis who were going to him in the 90s maybe some more of ISKCON would be happier and full of Bhakti. He's changed so many peoples lives, why not yours? You have kids who are chanting more rounds every day then most of the iskcon followers! Amazing!

</QUOTE>

Other's weakness cannot become one's strength. As far as the path of spiritual advancement is concerned, it works with how much absorption one invovles in his spritual practices with determination. From that one developes purity and empowerment to preach harinama. There is no use in pointing out the mistakes in another camp to try to attract people to one's own camp. It doesn't work that way. And even if it does, it will not last longer.

This is an aside, but it seemed to me on an internet recording I recently heard that Bhagavan das Maharaja has a daughter who has accepted initiation from Srila Narayana Maharaja. Would you know if I concluded correctly? I value Bhagavan's opinion.

Hello gHari,

This is from a personal email I received from a devotee who lives in the Badger, California area, regarding Bhagavan prabhu:

***Every single year he comes for at least 2 or 3 days of the festival and each year gurudev is very kind and affectionate to him. He says that because he served Prabhupada so much therefore, "I like him." Last year he said that and everyone laughed. Gurudev always offers him a chair and calls him up to sit close. Last year bhagavan would not accept the chair but at least he is very respectful to gurudev. All of his kids and his ex-wife and her current husband are all followers of gurudev-the kids are diksha and the others are of course siksa.***

nb: I believe that his 2 kids, Manjari dasi and Vaishnava dasa are in their early 30's now.

Thank you very much, Nimbo.

Since Bhagavan married again in the mid-eighties, I would expect his kids to be in their early 20s. I didn't know he was again divorced, so the significance of their following Srila Narayana Maharaja and Bhagavan's influence on that decision is therefore unknown. I am assuming that they are the product of his second marriage, part of his post-ISKCON lila. Of course, if they were from his first marriage, then they would be in their early thirties, and that may well be the case, although I find it difficult in my heart to accept.

It was nice to receive news though, no matter how surprising it is. Thank you again. Bhagavan was effulgent like Prabhupada's moon after the sun had set and will always remain in a special place in my heart.

gHari

Hare Krsna gHari,

Vaishnava dasa and Manjari dasi were from his first marriage. I knew them briefly at one time and if I had to guess their ages, it would be 34 and 32 respectively, give or take a year. I know very little about his post-Iskcon marriage or any kids since that time. I'm sure I could find out more if you like, although it might take a week or two. Yes, Bhagavan prabhu was a very special devotee during Srila Prabhupada's manifest pastimes. He had a true pioneer spirit, and was an excellent preacher. The first BTG I ever received, a few months before I joined the Movement, contained a photo on the inside cover with Srila Prabhupada walking down a path, and Bhagavan prabhu and a few other devotees behind him, walking single file. I recall that this photo really struck me at the time.

There was a wonderful devotee named Vaishnava das who would post often on the internet forum I habituated a few years back - that would be either here or VNN.

Thank you for clearing up my speculations, Nimbo Pani. If you do discover more news of Bhagavan's pastimes since the mid-eighties, I would be most grateful to hear of them.

I was honoured to drive him from the Pittsburgh airport to New Vrindavan in 1979. Before he arrived all the karmis around me began chanting "Vishnu". Then with a beam of light emanating from his heart, Bhagavan appeared. Later he approached me on the balcony at New Vrindavan and told me to "Keep chanting Hare Krsna. The norm is sixteen rounds. Gradually become regulated."

Watching him taught me that chanting was not a duty, but a pleasure. His hand never left the bead bag. I always have difficulty taking my hand out of my bead bag now - but mostly because I'm afraid about how long it might take to get it back in.

Now I see how difficult it must have been for him to leave his family to take up the responsibility of forwarding Srila Prabhupada's movement as an initiating spiritual master. I am glad for him and his children that they are somehow still close to one another.

gHari (down the enchanting memory lane)