Santhanam gives this explanation: "The Sun though a malefic by virtue of

owning an angle proves auspicious". Santhanam is wrong. A malefic owning a

kendra sheds its maleficity. It is not enough to become a benefic. So, to

consider the Sun as neutral is a disaggremment with the Parasara text as it

has been translated in English.

So, I try to understand the missing explanation:

* Is the BPHS correctly translated? (I do not read sanskrit. So, scholars

will be welcome).

* Are some rules missing in the Parasara text we have to-day?

Thanks a lot for your lights

Denis

Hi,

Sun has a neutral effect has far as taurus rising is

concerned.Only benefic planets for taurus rising are

Venus,Saturn,Mercury.

Mars is feeble benefic planets.

Regards

Srini

Dear Members,

Do you think Sun is a functional benefic for Taurus ascendant?

Considering a chart where Sun is placed in 2nd house Gemini with Venus, Mercury and Ketu, would it be a good idea to strengthen the debilitated Sun.

Thanks

Ayush

hello,

the below line might be able to help... sounds true in case of taurus rising....

Lords of 4, 7, 10 reverse status--natural benefics

turn malefic, and vice versa.

Dear Srini,

In BPHS (Santhanam translation, Ranajan Publications), we find (volume 1

page 348):

"FOR TAURUS ASCENDANT: Jupiter, Venus and the Moon are malefics. Saturn and

the Sun are auspicious. Saturn will cause rajayoga..."

Santhanam gives this explanation: "The Sun though a malefic by virtue of

owning an angle proves auspicious". Santhanam is wrong. A malefic owning a

kendra sheds its maleficity. It is not enough to become a benefic. So, to

consider the Sun as neutral is a disaggremment with the Parasara text as it

has been translated in English.

So, I try to understand the missing explanation:

* Is the BPHS correctly translated? (I do not read sanskrit. So, scholars

will be welcome).

* Are some rules missing in the Parasara text we have to-day?

Thanks a lot for your lights

Denis

Hi,

Sun has a neutral effect has far as taurus rising is

concerned.Only benefic planets for taurus rising are

Venus,Saturn,Mercury.

Mars is feeble benefic planets.

Regards

Srini

Can it be generalized for all "taurus rising" people . that Saturn is benefic planet. Isn't it dependent on which house Saturn/Venus is present.

Like in case, Saturn is in 3rd house and Venus in 4th house( enemy house). Is Saturn benefic ? Should Neelam be worn ?

And what about diamond?

Respected Ayush ji,

This is indeed a tricky question.

For Tarus Lagna, Sun is to be considered benefic and if it is weak it should be strengthened as per it's placement, for example if it is in susthana it should be strengthened.

For Sun placed in 2nd house, If sun is sitting alone, it should be strengthened.

But if it is placed with other planets we should consider other factors also, for example if the planet sitting is too close to Sun we should consider that strengthening sun will combust effects of the nearby planet.

Taking the example, of sun placed in gemini in 2nd house (Sun is debilitated in Libra) weak in shadbala, placed along with Venus and Mercury and Ketu.

We should consider that whether these planets are within combusting distance from sun or not. and whether we want their effects to combust more or we want other planets to prevent from combustion. Here venus is lord of Lagna, and mercury is lord of wealth and education, combusting them will no doubt harm the native.

This is what I think, I hope learned members will shed some light in this matter

Kind Regards

Atul

Dear Members,

Do you think Sun is a functional benefic for Taurus ascendant?

Considering a chart where Sun is placed in 2nd house Gemini with Venus, Mercury and Ketu, would it be a good idea to strengthen the debilitated Sun.

Thanks

Ayush

For Tarus Lagna, Sun is to be considered benefic and if it is weak it should be strengthened as per it's placement, for example if it is in susthana it should be strengthened.

Yes as per laghu parasari being the lord of the 4th house and being natural malefic it turns into a functional benefic.

Ravi

I agree with you Atul, strengthening should be in consideration with the need of combustion.

The chart which I'm considering has following details

Date of Birth : 09 July 1955

Time of Birth: 02:10 AM

Place of Birth : 24N11, 86E18

I think Mercury is the planet that can do wonders for the native if strengthened. Sun has least shadbala so I believe it can be strengthened, even if it will combust Mars ruling 7th and 12th.

A concern here is Saturn, ruling 9th and 10th and being in 6th house, exalted and in retrogression. Saturn is way too strong, and it creates Nirbhagya Yoga and Druva Yoga, which is bad. What will happen if native wears Blue Sapphire, I think things will go bad.

Finally, Lagna lord Venus rules 6th house, and is in 2nd, strengthening it will result in even more strong 6th house, hence more debts and enemies.

So, what should the native do in such a condition. At times I get confused when I see a chart like this with 4 planets together, and the benefics ruling malefic houses.

Share your thoughts.

wbr

Ayush

Can it be generalized for all "taurus rising" people . that Saturn is benefic planet. Isn't it dependent on which house Saturn/Venus is present.

Like in case, Saturn is in 3rd house and Venus in 4th house( enemy house). Is Saturn benefic ? Should Neelam be worn ?

And what about diamond?

Sun is benefic for taurus ascendent and saturn too. but saturn's placement in 3rd(cancer) placement in not a good one. neelam can be worn if saturn is weak in shadbalas and other strengths. Diamond can also be worn.

I agree with you Atul, strengthening should be in consideration with the need of combustion.

The chart which I'm considering has following details

Date of Birth : 09 July 1955

Time of Birth: 02:10 AM

Place of Birth : 24N11, 86E18

I think Mercury is the planet that can do wonders for the native if strengthened. Sun has least shadbala so I believe it can be strengthened, even if it will combust Mars ruling 7th and 12th.

A concern here is Saturn, ruling 9th and 10th and being in 6th house, exalted and in retrogression. Saturn is way too strong, and it creates Nirbhagya Yoga and Druva Yoga, which is bad. What will happen if native wears Blue Sapphire, I think things will go bad.

Finally, Lagna lord Venus rules 6th house, and is in 2nd, strengthening it will result in even more strong 6th house, hence more debts and enemies.

So, what should the native do in such a condition. At times I get confused when I see a chart like this with 4 planets together, and the benefics ruling malefic houses.

Share your thoughts.

wbr

Ayush

Respected Ayushji,

This is a great chart to learn from. for students like me

Sticking mainly to second house, wealth and profession, there are some tricky placements of planets done by God in this chart.

Sun is not combusting the planets, because all planets are at considerably safe distance. But still we can not strengthen Sun because it is enemy's house. If Sun becomes strong, it will no doubt harm 2nd house although it may be good for 4th house.

Mercury although being a benefic for this chart, and being placed in own house still have some malefic properties. Because naturally Mercury is a planet which takes the malefic/benefic properties depending upon it's association. Here it is with functional malefic Venus, Malefic Ketu and being aspected by Malefic Rahu. Only benefic association it has is with Sun which is weak and in enemy's house. So Mercury no doubt have more malefic properties than benefic properties. Here strengthening mercury will no doubt help 2nd house but it can cause problem in it's other association like it can cause problem with things related with venus.

Saturn, is benefic for the native but it is placed in 6th house, but it is exalted there. So as per general rule it must not harm 6th house, because planets do not harm the houses where they are exalted or their own houses. And saturn is already the strongest planet in this chart and exlated too so I think we do not need to strengthen it. But it is retrograde in this chart so it is difficult to predict it's outcome.

Moon although being 3rd lord is considered good in 10th house, but it is funtional malefic and is in enemy's house so it is also harming the profession.

Can you please tell me what is the native's profession? and what you got out of this chart?

Kind Regards

Atul

This person must have seen very tough time in his life. As jupiter is dispositor of gullika.

How saturn and Guru mahadasha was for him?

I think in current dasha of mercury, strengthning mercury is the best thing we can do for him.

regards