IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

did the present human race begin in India?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

did the last Manu seed the human race in India? and did mankind spread out from there? This would make India the Motherland of all men if this is true.

Guest guest

I believe the current theory is man originated from Africa.

yes, that is what I have heard as well. Of course that theory could change.

What do the vedic writings say? where did Manu live?

Guest guest

That's only if the story of Manu was true. I don't believe in Manu. Or if he was real, he was overrated. And is the Manu you're speaking of, the same Manu that Manu smriti has been ascribed to?

Guest guest

That's only if the story of Manu was true. I don't believe in Manu. Or if he was real, he was overrated. And is the Manu you're speaking of, the same Manu that Manu smriti has been ascribed to?

I do not know if it is the same Manu? I have not been impressed with what I have read in the Manu Smriti either.

What I am trying to know is where life began in our present cycle. Isn't the first man called Manu?

Guest guest

Brahman first, from Him comes, Manu. I think Manu has wife but can't remember the name.

Guest guest

I do not know if it is the same Manu? I have not been impressed with what I have read in the Manu Smriti either.

What I am trying to know is where life began in our present cycle. Isn't the first man called Manu?

In the Puranas and Mahabharata, Manu is said to be the first man. His story is similar to Noah's story. I don't think he is in the Vedas, and if he is, he shouldn't be because it is said he 'saved' the Vedas. In the Gita, Krishna said he explained the teachings of the Gita to Manu long before he spoke it to Arjuna.

The Manu of Manusmriti cannot be the same Manu because the Manu smriti was written around 200AD.

Guest guest

In the Puranas and Mahabharata, Manu is said to be the first man. His story is similar to Noah's story. I don't think he is in the Vedas, and if he is, he shouldn't be because it is said he 'saved' the Vedas. In the Gita, Krishna said he explained the teachings of the Gita to Manu long before he spoke it to Arjuna.

Ok, so when did this Manu live and where?

I would assume he lived in the Indian region? if so this means that mankind in it's present cycle began in the region of India.

if Manu did not seed the human race in the region of India, why is it India, that was the fountainhead of Sanatana Dharma? it would seem that this region is extremely important in the history of mankind.

Guest guest

Brahma not Brahman.

I think thats your adam and eve.

Lord Brahma is the creator of the universe. Therefore, he could not be parallel to the biblical Adam and Eve. Manu would be however.

Guest guest

Ok, so when did this Manu live and where?

I would assume he lived in the Indian region? if so this means that mankind in it's present cycle began in the region of India.

if Manu did not seed the human race in the region of India, why is it India, that was the fountainhead of Sanatana Dharma? it would seem that this region is extremely important in the history of mankind.

I think people believe it was around the area of the Indus Valley. The Vedas or at least parts of it were based around the Saraswati civilisation, just as the Itihasa's were based around the Gangetic plains.

Guest guest

I think people believe it was around the area of the Indus Valley. The Vedas or at least parts of it were based around the Saraswati civilisation, just as the Itihasa's were based around the Gangetic plains.

and how long was the first Manu (of the present human race) said to have lived in the Indus Valley?

Guest guest

From Wikipedia:

In Hindu mythology, Manu is a title accorded the progenitor of humankind, first holy king to rule this earth, the Indo-European Noah who saves mankind and the Vedas and the priesthood from the universal flood. He is honest which is why he is called "Satyavrata", or faster on to the truth.

From the Mahabharatha, Book 1: Adi Parva:Sambhava Parva: Section LXXV:

"And Manu was endued with great wisdom and devoted to virtue. And he became the progenitor of a line. And in Manu's race have been born all human beings, who have, therefore, been called Manavas. And it is of Manu that all men including Brahmanas, Kshatriyas, and others have been descended, and are, therefore, all called Manavas. Subsequently, O monarch, the Brahmanas became united with the Kshatriyas. And those sons of Manu that were Brahmanas devoted themselves to the study of the Vedas."

He was said to have 10 sons:

"The ten sons of Manu are known as Vena, Dhrishnu, Narishyan, Nabhaga, Ikshvaku, Karusha, Saryati, the eighth, a daughter named Ila, Prishadhru the ninth, and Nabhagarishta, the tenth. They all betook themselves to the practices of Kshatriyas. Besides these, Manu had fifty other sons on Earth. But we heard that they all perished, quarrelling with one another."

During an eon called a Manvantara. 14 Manvantaras make up a Kalpa, a period corresponding to a day in the life of Brahma; each Manvantara is headed by a Manu, the 14 of which are:

Svayambhuva Manu

Svaracisa Manu

Uttama Manu

Tamasa Manu

Raivata Manu

Caksusa Manu

Vaivasvata Manu

Savarni Manu

Daksa Savarni Manu

Brahma Savarni Manu

Dharma Savarni Manu

Rudra Savarni Manu

Deva Savarni Manu

Indra Savarni Manu

As of 2004, we are in the 7th Manvantara headed by Vaivasvata Manu.

The Matsya avatar of Vishnu is said to have appeared to King Manu, while he washed his hands in a river. The little fish asked the king to save it, and kept growing bigger and bigger. It also informed the King of a huge flood which would occur soon. The King builds a huge boat, which houses the fish and his family and other seeds of animals to repopulate the earth. This story is very similar to other deluge stories in ancient Sumerian mythology which preceded the story of Noah's ark.

What does it mean of Manu's race? does this mean there were other races also here at the time of Vaivasvata Manu? That would beg the question - was the flood global?

Guest guest

This is an important question.

Since Sanatana Dharma is the eternal religion; it would reason that the region on this earth where the Dharma is said to have originated, would be the birthplace of the human race. I mean, why would India be this spiritual powerhouse, if it weren't the most important place on the planet; the Motherland of spirituality and man's journey on the earth plane as it were..

Some say Africa is the birthplace of man. But is Africa directly associated with Sanatana Dharma? If Manu fathered the human race in Africa, where is the remnants of vedic knowledge in that region?

Guest guest

I thought it was africa

then Manu and his kids were African tribesmen? where did the vedic knowledge come from?