IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Dinosaurs lived in which Yuga?

Rate this topic

Very nice observation!

Someonewho know the scriptures might tell us. Would be very iteresting to know.

Thank you! :) I guess that would explain if there was a civilization on Mars, then that might be what happened. Even Europa might have life on this plane.

Also interesting to note is that in every previous yuga (in the 4 yuga cycle), the animals are a lot larger and taller (as are humans) than compared to the next yuga (in the 4 yuga cycle). So, we are just finding the remains of different animals from different maha-yugas (which are of different sizes and species etc etc). Quite interesting, Just an intersting thought...

where were unliberated jivas at this time? were they transported into other universes, to continue the cycle of birth, old age, death and rebirth?

The Jivas remain in an unmanifestated state within the body of Lord Vishnu (the one within every universe) after a partial devastation of the universe until Lord Brahma wakes up, and after the complete devastation of the universe (when Lord Brahma dies), the Jivas remain in an unmanifestated state within the body of Lord Maha-Vishnu until the next universe is recreated, which can be a very long time, relatively speaking

Guest guest

The Jivas remain in an unmanifestated state within the body of Lord Vishnu (the one within every universe) after a partial devastation of the universe until Lord Brahma wakes up, and after the complete devastation of the universe (when Lord Brahma dies), the Jivas remain in an unmanifestated state within the body of Lord Maha-Vishnu until the next universe is recreated, which can be a very long time, relatively speaking

thank you. When you say unmanifest, does that mean they are not even semi-consciosness during this period, or am I misunderstand what you mean by unmanifest? isn't the soul always sat-chit-ananda (being-consciousness-bliss); therefore it can not be unconscious?

While making the previous post, I was feeling that I was missing something, but did not know what. Now, I realise what it was.

We are not in 28th Maha yuga of the current day of Brahma. Rather, we are in 28th Maha yuga of the 7th Manvantara in the current day of Brahma. In one day of Brahma, there are 14 Manus.

Six Manus have already come and gone.

1 day of Brahma = 14 Manvantaras

1 day of Brahma = 1000 Maha yugas

Therefore, 14 Manvantaras = 1000 Maha yugas

6 Manvantaras = 1000*6/14 Maha yugas

1 Maha yuga = 4.32 million years

Therefore, 6 Manvantaras = 1000*6*4.32/14 million years = 1.85 biliion years

Add to this 211 million years, which is approximately the time that has elapsed since current Manvantara started.

We get approx 2.1 billion years.

So, the partial dissolution that happens at the end of Brahma's day did not end only 211 million years ago. It ended 2.1 billion years ago.

So, we do not have any problem with dinosaurs or any other life forms living 211 million years ago.

I do not know if any dissolution takes place between two Manvantaras. If yes, what is the extent of this dissolution?

thank you. When you say unmanifest, does that mean they are not even semi-consciosness during this period, or am I misunderstand what you mean by unmanifest? isn't the soul always sat-chit-ananda (being-consciousness-bliss); therefore it can not be unconscious?

Well, the souls are just in a temporary frozen state within the body of Lord Vishnu / Maha Vishnu. There are different stages of consciousness that the jiva experiences and one of them is like when you are deep sleeping and you have no dreams etc, and this is what that unmanifest state is like.

But it is to be stated that in such a condition, this is where the soul experiences real peace (read this somewhere), so its not really a hellish condition, as I thought it was, but it is a waste of time! Those souls should have utilized their time properly! Now, when Brahma dies, those souls will be stuck there for millions upon millions of years until the next unverse is ready :eek3:. But since they are frozen, they don't realise it.......

Guest guest

But it is to be stated that in such a condition, this is where the soul experiences real peace (read this somewhere), so its not really a hellish condition, as I thought it was, but it is a waste of time! Those souls should have utilized their time properly! Now, when Brahma dies, those souls will be stuck there for millions upon millions of years until the next unverse is ready :eek3:. But since they are frozen, they don't realise it.......

so it's like a state of hibernation? interesting. They wouldn't even know millions of years had passed.

While making the previous post, I was feeling that I was missing something, but did not know what. Now, I realise what it was.

We are not in 28th Maha yuga of the current day of Brahma. Rather, we are in 28th Maha yuga of the 7th Manvantara in the current day of Brahma. In one day of Brahma, there are 14 Manus.

Six Manus have already come and gone.

1 day of Brahma = 14 Manvantaras

1 day of Brahma = 1000 Maha yugas

Therefore, 14 Manvantaras = 1000 Maha yugas

6 Manvantaras = 1000*6/14 Maha yugas

1 Maha yuga = 4.32 million years

Therefore, 6 Manvantaras = 1000*6*4.32/14 million years = 1.85 biliion years

Add to this 211 million years, which is approximately the time that has elapsed since current Manvantara started.

We get approx 2.1 billion years.

So, the partial dissolution that happens at the end of Brahma's day did not end only 211 million years ago. It ended 2.1 billion years ago.

So, we do not have any problem with dinosaurs or any other life forms living 211 million years ago.

I do not know if any dissolution takes place between two Manvantaras. If yes, what is the extent of this dissolution?

Ah this Manvantara is then very important to do proper calculation. Indeed the whole data changes now. Interesting to note also that 1000 is not exactly divisible by 14.

In your calculation above, I couldnt understand one thing. Where do you get the 211 millions years? Should it not be 121millions years?

That would then make the estimation to be aprrox=456.6 Maha yugas = 1.97 billion years since the begining of the most recent Brahma day.

This 14 Manvantaras is causing me some trouble. There is a fraction of 0.429 Maha yugas which are left in every manvantaras. This correspond to some 1.8millions of years which has not been accounted for in every manvantaras.

In your calculation above, I couldnt understand one thing. Where do you get the 211 millions years? Should it not be 121millions years?

That would then make the estimation to be aprrox=456.6 Maha yugas = 1.97 billion years since the begining of the most recent Brahma day.

Oops, sorry. I just used data from an earlier post. The actual value was 121 and I remembered it as 211. So, as you have mentioned, we find that Brahma's current day started about 1.97 billion years back - still much earlier than the time given for the start of dinosaurs.

OK, I think I start to understand a bit now about the vedic time.

The 0.429 Maha yuga in every Manvantara is meant for Creation/Destruction time.

So 1 day of brahma comprises of 14 sections

1 section = 1 manvantara + Destruction/Creation time(approx 1.8 millions years)

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

From some research on net, I can safely say that YES there is destruction and creation every manvantara. It is quite huge to the extent that most of the living species are wiped off from the surface .

However I was not able to find out in which form the destruction occurs (deluge, fire etc..)

There is also minor destruction(laya) every end of Maha yuga.

I presume from the 14 sections which comprise 1 day of brahma, thats where the 14 Manus come from. Each one comes in every manvantara. They are considered to be the father of humanity.

Therefore if one day scientists discover that there is mass extinction every 300 millions years (i.e every Manvantara), that such mass extinction happens over a long period of time(around 1 -2 millions period and not over few days or years) and also that there is a minor destruction every 4.32 millions years cycle (every Maha yuga) then that would be a huge step forward to show to atheist that Vedas/Puranas are NOT myths but THE TRUTH/FACT.

The last Manvantara (mass extinction) occurs approx. 121 millions years from now according to scriptures.

However we can find that there is some mismatch between scriptures and science.

The Major mass extinction according to PRESENT day science(Yes, this info can change tommorow) was in the Permo-Triassic era, some 250 millions years from now and extinction of Dinos some 65 millions years from now.

We can still argue that dinos existed in the last manvantara, and managed to live the major manvatara destruction 120 millions years ago to finally become extinct 65 millions years from now.

However the major concern is mass extinction's time is somehow different by a factor of approx 2.

Scientific mass extinction = some 250 millions years from now.

Scriptures mass extinction=some 120 millions years from now.

Dinosauruses have their references in the Puranas.Inthe famous Sarpa Yagya.Where all the Divine Snakes were killed many had arms and legs and faces like Horses and torso like elephants (i.e.the dinosaurs). They were killed in Sarpa Yagya. and only simple snakes and a few divine snakes were spared after the interference of Lord Aastik Muni.This is in the Puranas.

Dinosauruses have their references in the Puranas.Inthe famous Sarpa Yagya.Where all the Divine Snakes were killed many had arms and legs and faces like Horses and torso like elephants (i.e.the dinosaurs). They were killed in Sarpa Yagya. and only simple snakes and a few divine snakes were spared after the interference of Lord Aastik Muni.This is in the Puranas.

Truly a Vedic Scholar....that is what u are Man!.....I have been tracking u .... u are the best.....I don't know wether u are searching the web and posting this or u truly are scholar....but..if u are ..... wellllll.....bravo for joining Audarya...full of morons.... MAN! Salutations....

gopal_deo_sharma@.co.in pls

Ur guru must be really a Mahapurush...if....u learned this instead of searching it oon the webbbbb......

If dinosaurs were killed in the sarpa yajna, why do we not find their fossils?

If dinosaurs were killed in the sarpa yajna, why do we not find their fossils?

Fossils? u meant to say that about fossils in India or all over the world?

Well...the sout-west arizona is a hot spots for fossils....thousands of dinosaur fossils have been excavated through out the world in the last 2 centuries..I think...u were curious about India...welll...some dinosaur fossils have been excavated but I don't know the names..

Sorry, I was not very clear.

The sarp yajna happened about 5,000 years back. If we get fossils of the dinosaurs killed in sarp yajna, then the experiments on those fossils should show that these dinosaurs died about 5,000 years back. But whatever fossils of dinosaurs we get are much older than this.

Do you people think that the dinosaurs of the past are really just the reptiles we have today but in a much more massive size (and with a few physical differences, of course)? After all, as we progress from yuga to yuga, the actual size of lifeforms is said to decrease. Regardless of whether this is the case or not, I find the Hindu scale of time to be enthralling and also very intruiging.

Guest guest

Do you people think that the dinosaurs of the past are really just the reptiles we have today but in a much more massive size (and with a few physical differences, of course)? After all, as we progress from yuga to yuga, the actual size of lifeforms is said to decrease. Regardless of whether this is the case or not, I find the Hindu scale of time to be enthralling and also very intruiging.

I had not thought of that, but if that were the case, we should find human skeletons of such gigantic proportions as well, should we not?

Sorry, I was not very clear.

The sarp yajna happened about 5,000 years back. If we get fossils of the dinosaurs killed in sarp yajna, then the experiments on those fossils should show that these dinosaurs died about 5,000 years back. But whatever fossils of dinosaurs we get are much older than this.

Sirs The Mahayugas repeat themselves, that is why we have so many verisons of Ramayana even, the fossils we find is of a previous mahayuga. The pralaya only happens after a Kalpa, so it is still there for us to find.

Fossils? u meant to say that about fossils in India or all over the world?

Well...the sout-west arizona is a hot spots for fossils....thousands of dinosaur fossils have been excavated through out the world in the last 2 centuries..I think...u were curious about India...welll...some dinosaur fossils have been excavated but I don't know the names..

Sirs , those that were sacrificed turned to ashes, it was those that were spared, and later died, their fossils we find, it is true we find them all over the world . If Kapila Muni can have a pink skin , auburn hairs , and if he can meditate in South America(patala) then why the serpents should conine themselves only to India.Sanatana Dharma in NOT Indian but for the world. If you read puranas you will get to know the history of USA, Afrika and many other countries as well.