IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Dinosaurs lived in which Yuga?

Rate this topic

Are dinosaurs from the previous Kali Yuga?

Thats an interesting question. I wonder if there are any verses that pin point to a possible existence of dinosaurs.

Anyone have an idea?

Hare Krishna,

I've been wondering about this too more than once, but never got to spending my time counting back the yuga's and in the end I considered the whole matter not important enough to keep myself busy with. But yes, the idea from the Vedas is that humans have been on this earth since forever, so that automatically places them alongside the dino's at some point in time. I can think of a number of scenarios that would make their coexistence plausible. If anyone cares to spend some time on calculating this I'd like to hear it, if not, no problem. The below link features some conversations of prabhupada and some reference to the bhagavatam about 'big lizards'., it may be of interest. It's obvious though from the transcribed conversations that Prabhupada did not want to waste his precious time either pondering on such insignificant matters therefore he was dismissive about the subject.

http://www.hknet.org.nz/VWH-Vedic-Jurasic.html

Haribol!

Hare Krishna,

I've been wondering about this too more than once, but never got to spending my time counting back the yuga's and in the end I considered the whole matter not important enough to keep myself busy with. But yes, the idea from the Vedas is that humans have been on this earth since forever, so that automatically places them alongside the dino's at some point in time. I can think of a number of scenarios that would make their coexistence plausible. If anyone cares to spend some time on calculating this I'd like to hear it, if not, no problem. The below link features some conversations of prabhupada and some reference to the bhagavatam about 'big lizards'., it may be of interest. It's obvious though from the transcribed conversations that Prabhupada did not want to waste his precious time either pondering on such insignificant matters therefore he was dismissive about the subject.

http://www.hknet.org.nz/VWH-Vedic-Jurasic.html

Haribol!

Some people might not agree though. There have been anomalies that suggest humans have been here since life began on this planet. In my Unexplained Mysteries book it actually says that they have fossils of human footprints with trilobites, which is amazing and there are no signs of a hoax at all. At some point I can see how humans couldn't coexist with dinosaurs, but yet again who knows right? We are more intelligent than dinosaurs, so we could've prevented getting killed by them. If you think about it where do the legends of dragons come from? You can't tell me that every species of dinosaur died out. Sometimes it seems to me that scientists can't make up their minds about what happened to the dinosaurs, did they die out or evolve into birds. There's fossil evidence that there related to birds. So they need to make up their minds lol.:smash: I believe there's also something called the Ica Stones that show humans and dinosaurs together. Just because find the fossil evidence doesn't mean we didn't exist with dinosaurs. The bodies could have been cremated. I wonder if scientists ever thought of that. After all, mammals were actually around during the time of dinosaurs, just not as abundant.

Kool link. Thanks.

During a lecture class(ISKCON), I did hear (if my memory is not playing against me) that species of life ( 8 400 000) is not in term of physical perspective but rather in terms of level of consciousness.

So even if science classified everyne of us as human species, in terms of spiritual species we can be very different to one another.

In a sense Darwin is right, there is evolution of species. But where he went "wrong" is he regards evolution as physical adaptation to environment. Whereas evolution of species in spiritual terms is evolution of the consciousness(i.e the soul progresses from one body to another of higher consciousness )

Yeah, again no one can prove or disprove that humans didn't exist with dinosaurs. Human bodies could've been cremated. Something happened that destroyed civilization I bet. And we had to work our way back up.

Dinosaurs vanished from the earth 65 million years ago. Humans have been around only from the last ~200,000 years. The environment (oxygen levels, flora, fauna, etc) on the planet during the time of the dinosaurs was very different from what it is now.

Cheers

Guest guest

Humans have been around only from the last ~200,000 years.

this is not true. The previous satya yuga, and treta yuga go way back millions of years; and human life flourished during those yugas.

Let us do some calculations.

Dinosaurs lived from 230 million years ago to 65 million years ago.

1 Maha yuga (cycle of the four yugas) = 4.32 million years.

Divide 230 by 4.32 and take the integer part. We get 53. So, dinosaurs came into existence 53 Maha-yugas before current Maha-yuga.

Divide 65 by 4.32 and take the integer part. We get 15. So, dinosaurs vanished 15 Maha-yugas before current Maha-yuga.

So, their existence spanned a little more than 53-15 = 38 Maha yugas. This means that in several Maha yugas, they existed in all the four yugas (satya, treta, dwapar and kali).

Guest guest

Divide 230 by 4.32 and take the integer part. We get 53. So, dinosaurs came into existence 53 Maha-yugas before current Maha-yuga.

Divide 65 by 4.32 and take the integer part. We get 15. So, dinosaurs vanished 15 Maha-yugas before current Maha-yuga.

So, their existence spanned a little more than 53-15 = 38 Maha yugas. This means that in several Maha yugas, they existed in all the four yugas (satya, treta, dwapar and kali).

Dear Avinash, thank you for doing the math for us. This is fascinating. Dinosaurs and other (now thought of as) mystical creatures must have peacefully lived with men in the previous yugas. It must have been cool to fly around on the back of a Archaeopteryx. :)

well guys, there are a few things to consider here. first of all, who says that modern materialistic scientists have accurately judged the history of the universe with their descending knowledge. in fact who even says that they are trying to accurately judge the history of the universe? in previous ages, humans were said to be giant, and cultured and intelligent, long lived and posessing mystical powers. were not then animals also large sized? is it possible that just like they have covered up our devolution they also cover up the devolution of our animal bretheren? remember that according to them life comes from chemicals, that the universal arrangement is an accident, that we evolved from amino acids, etc...

actuallly there is much archeological evidence that supports krsna consciousness and the vedic version. it has been supressed however, even to the point of threatened violence. see forbidden archeology by micheal cremo for more info. sorry for the short response but if you dig deep you can find out some interesting stuff in this regard.

Dear Avinash,

I thought we are actually living in either 52 or 51(not too sure) Maha yuga. So dino came into exxistance 53 Maha yuga does not stand since only 51 or 52 Maha yugas have passed by eversince universe was created by brahma.

The interesting point however is that dino came into existance 230 millions years could easily be a wrong calculation. They could have well came into existance by some few millions years before (lets say some 234 or 238 millions years from now).That would nicely fit then.

This would mean that Brahma in his very early days created very 'strange' creatures such as dinos.

The reason why these dinos are not really mentioned in the scriptures is because to MY OPINION vedas were NOTwritten right from brahma birth but many many Maha yugas later. If the present vedas were written less than 15 maha yugas from now (extinction of dinos) then most probably there would be very few mention of dinos( which is actually the case in the present scripture, no mention of Dinos).

So everything to my opinion broils down to whether the present scriptures were written less than 15 Maha yugas from now. This might explain why the scriptures do not specifically mention about dinos.

The thing which bug me however is why didnt scientists find any human skeleton dating some 230 millions years ago.

Guest guest

The thing which bug me however is why didnt scientists find any human skeleton dating some 230 millions years ago.

They have found some homosapien skeletal remains that are millions of years old - but there has been a suppression of this information within the mainstream scientific community because it doesn't fit in with the current evolution theory.

as mentioned above, Forbidden Archeology by Micheal Cremo speaks of this.

Dinosaurs vanished from the earth 65 million years ago. Humans have been around only from the last ~200,000 years. The environment (oxygen levels, flora, fauna, etc) on the planet during the time of the dinosaurs was very different from what it is now.

Cheers

And now some suspect 2 million, what will it be tomorrow? And then with no skeletons being found of humans that date to 230 million years ago, what about cremation? Have we found every species of dinosaur? no. Does this mean the species of dinosaurs we haven't found don't exist?no.

They have found questionable footprints all over the world that have no signs of being hoaxed. Again, we can't be too that the dinosaurs died out 65 million years. What if it was 75 million years ago? They have found out that Carbon 14 dating has inaccuracies, they're thinking about Uranium dating now.

Correction:

From indiaheritage.org we are in the 28th Maha yuga but 51st year of Brahma (sorry for the error).

1 day brahma = 1000 Maha yuga

1 night brahma= 1000 Maha yuga ( This is when partial dissolution takes place).

If im right this means that 28 Maha yuga has passed by since the partial dissolution.

28 Maha yuga= 121 millions yrs(approx) passed by since the last pralaya dissolution.(Check here)

So basically speaking(if my above speculation is right), there shouldnt be any living creature before 121 millions years (stretching back to 1 full night of brahma). In the same line, we can argue that dinos dating back to 230 millions years back is wrongly estimated by scientists.

Any ideas?

Correction:

From indiaheritage.org we are in the 28th Maha yuga but 51st year of Brahma.

1 day brahma = 1000 Maha yuga

1 night brahma= 1000 Maha yuga ( This is where partial dissolution takes place).

If im right this means that 28 Maha yuga has passed by since the partial dissolution.

28 Maha yuga= 121 millions yrs(approx) passed by since the last dissolution.

to be continued

So something happens at the end of each Maha yuga? :confused: because if look at something like the triassic, jurassic, and creataceous, there was a mass extinction at that end of every age.

So something happens at the end of each Maha yuga? :confused: because if look at something like the triassic, jurassic, and creataceous, there was a mass extinction at that end of every age.

Well from the web sites i have pointed out in my last post(and assuming I did understand properly), there is apparently a mini dissolution(laya) every maha yuga. And a greater one (pralaya) at the start of brahma night which last for 1000 maha yuga. During this awesomely long time, there is apparently no physical life.

Basically if we assume that this mini dissolution (laya) is not powerful enough to eradicate every living entities, then the oldest living creature should be some 121 millions years old (the begining of brahma day)

Guest guest

During this awesomely long time, there is apparently no physical life.

I have read this many times. In the pralaya are where exactly are unliberated jivas?

Which can explain why some planets "seem" dead?

Very nice observation!

Originally Posted by Yegan

During this awesomely long time, there is apparently no physical life.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --> I have read this many times. In the pralaya are where exactly are unliberated jivas?

Someonewho know the scriptures might tell us. Would be very iteresting to know.

I thought we are actually living in either 52 or 51(not too sure) Maha yuga. So dino came into exxistance 53 Maha yuga does not stand since only 51 or 52 Maha yugas have passed by eversince universe was created by brahma.

One Maha yuga is one cycle of the four yugas. We are not living in 51st or 52nd Maha yuga. Rather we are living in the first day of the 51st year of Brahma.

1 year of Brahma = 360 day nights of Brahma

1 day of Brahma = 1 night of Brahma = 1000 Maha yugas.

Or, 1 day night of Brahma = 2000 Maha yugas.

Thus a period of 360*2000 i.e. 720,000 Maha yugas elapsed in 50 years of Brahma. 27 Maha yugas have elapsed in the present day of Brahma. Currently, we are in the 28th Kali yuga of the 1st day of 51st year of Brahma.

Thus the number of Maha yugas that have elapsed since Brahma created the universe is far bigger than 51 or 52.

Even if we consider only the day time of Brahma and ignore night time in which the lower three world (Bhu, Bhuvar, Swar) are destroyed, still the number will be far bigger than 51 or 52.

The interesting point however is that dino came into existance 230 millions years could easily be a wrong calculation. They could have well came into existance by some few millions years before (lets say some 234 or 238 millions years from now).That would nicely fit then.

As I explained above, there is no need of such an assumption.

Note:- I have not read the posts after yours. So it is possible that somebody might have already answered your questions.

28 Maha yuga= 121 millions yrs(approx) passed by since the last pralaya dissolution.

So basically speaking(if my above speculation is right), there shouldnt be any living creature before 121 millions years (stretching back to 1 full night of brahma). In the same line, we can argue that dinos dating back to 230 millions years back is wrongly estimated by scientists.

27 Maha yugas have elapsed completely in the current day of Brahma. The 28th Maha yuga is stll continuing. However, even if we take this into consideration, the number comes to be approximately 121 million years (it is somewhere between 120 and 121 million years).

Partial dissolution took place 121 million years back. Before that there was night of Brahma. 1 night of Brahma equals 4.32 billion human years. So, no life form existed 121 million years back. How long no life forms existed? The answer is 4.32 billion years.

But 4.32 billion years is a very huge time. A large number of fossils of this period have been found. If we say that Scientists are wrong, then how do you explain the existence of fossils.

If we do not get fossils of some species during a certain period and we believe that the species did exist at that time, then we can say that the species existed but we do not find it any more because the fossils have been destroyed or buried etc.

But here the case is just opposite. We do see fossils though we should not as per Puranas. If no life forms existed, then how do we see fossils?

Guest guest

Partial dissolution took place 121 million years back. Before that there was night of Brahma. 1 night of Brahma equals 4.32 billion human years. So, no life form existed 121 million years back. How long no life forms existed? The answer is 4.32 billion years.

where were unliberated jivas at this time? were they transported into other universes, to continue the cycle of birth, old age, death and rebirth?