IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Vrindavan

How to prove there is God ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As a "karmi", here is one way I can think of:

Recall the sotry of Prahlada? Invite God to come down and destroy the karmis for their arrogance.

If he does come down, then that is evidence. If he does not, then either he does not exist or he exists, but does not answer prayers which would make it impossible to prove his existence to Karmis.

Either way, the problem is resolved. This is just my idea.

Cheers

How to prove there is God exist to karmi ?

I think that the word atheist is more important that karmi here. From the way I have seen the word karmi being used I can say that 'karmi' and 'atheist' are not synonyms. There are many who believe in the existence of God but are karmis (at least some times). Since they already believe that God exists, you do not need to prove it to them.

But, how do you prove to atheists? In various books, Internet articles, you will see many arguments put forward by those who believe in God. These arguments may convince some atheists but not all. After all, from time immemorial, there have been arguments given by both theists as well as atheists but still even now, both theists and atheists exist in this world. So, how can you suddenly expect to get arguments that will make all atheists believe that God exists?

No one can force that truth on another. If that soul is desiring to forget Krsna then it is Krsna Himself who is fulfilling his desire to not see God. So there is no way you can use force on someone. From Krsna come rememberance and forgetfullness. Can you overcome Krsna's potency of helping any soul forget Him?

Krsna can force all atheists to accept His existence at any moment yet He never does. Why? He chooses to fulfill the desires of the living entity and has so since time immemorial.

Atheists can hear the name, receive prasadam and be engaged through ajnana-sukriti. But save the philosophy for the innocent and honest agnostic. Someone who will admit to "I don't know" can be convinced, but again by attraction and friendly persuasion and not force.

"There are two ways of seeing the world. One is that everything is a miracle and the other is that nothing is a miracle." - Einstein

Rule One: Know the NEEDs of your prospect.

The karmi's need is to enjoy this material manifestation though their bodies and senses. That is their conditioning.

The only problem is .... it appears that all this ends ... for everyone, at some unknowable point in time.

Therein is the NEED. You can provide life eternal to the enjoyers.

That will be their motivation to surrender their valuable enjoyment time to try to grasp the life everlasting. It doesn't take much sincere effort.

I think there are two steps

able to prove something nicely does not mean

i want to make/force someone to believe in something.

for something i strongly believe in and

if i cannot prove that nicely.

they say that i am just acting it out of sentimentality, not scentific etc.

is it really impossible to prove it ?

Rule Two: offer the prospect a product you have full faith in.

The only problem is .... it appears that all this ends ... for everyone, at some unknowable point in time.

Therein is the NEED. You can provide life eternal to the enjoyers. quote gHari

The prospect has an uncanny way of knowing sincerity. Get to know your product, which one works best for you, one you really like. The one you would choose.

I like your style gHari. It must be a salesman thing/connection.;)

Has the least of the breathren come to our house lately? Have we unknowingly turned away Angels? Would we be shocked if we asked the Lord, when did we see you hungry? and He replied when I was disheveled ,dirty, downtrodden, and knocking at the doors of your Church?

I still marvel, as I think of visiting my Grandmother in the retirement home before she died, watching two elderly women across the hall in wheelchairs. One suffering, crying out loud, tears streaming down her face, "I want to go home! " , The other woman, with a look of compassion on her face, handing her the little stuffed animal she was cradeling in her arms, soothing and comforting her.......can we ever be retired from loving one another?

Do we really know what the end result of our charitable donations produces in the north state community? Oh we are a very loving and caring community, but do we "test the fruits"? I challange you to visit your favorite charity, and see the "end results".

How many of the "least of the brethren" are living in cars? under bridges? dying from cold, hunger, poverty, and sickness in camps along the Sacramento river and we never hear about it on the local news or the paper?

So let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not loose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those of the household of faith.............even if they are.........the least of the brethren. Holycentral.......com

Guest guest

Devotee: In the west we are preaching to the karmis...

Srila Sridhar Maharaj: You are one of them.

Krsna makes it quite possible to be an atheist, affording us complete free will. Actual proof exists beyond words, the mind and logic, but there is a price. Tapasya is that price. Somehow we must motivate the karmis to give up some time to completely dedicate themselves to letting God demonstrate His presence.

If someone doesn't know that God exists, then I would suspect that they have never looked for Him. He's not playing that hard to get.:smash:

If someone doesn't know that God exists, then I would suspect that they have never looked for Him. quote gHari

If they have never really looked. How to encourage them to look?

The material energy performs it's job well. Suffering, or even Krsna coming as unavoidable Death. Feeling a tiny bit of compassion; wouldn't it be nice if these did not have to be the catalysts for looking to God?

How to help soften a heart to look for God, before the inevitable promptings of the material energy do their work? If anyone knows please tell me. I am thinking of a loved one close to my heart!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">if they cannot find god take to a mandir and then after a few days theyll be tellin us who is. </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">>> if they cannot find god take to a mandir and then after a few days theyll be tellin us who is.

do you mean stay at the temple for a while everyday for a few days ? or

stay/live at the temple for a few whole days

i have heard some supernatural stories from temple priests.

Is that you think that ordinary person can have such experience by living at the temple for a period ??

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I mean stay there in the mandir. I hav not heard any stories. The sadhus at my mandir in neasden know so much, not just about swaminarayan (i am swaminarayan so you can guess the mandir i got is swaminarayan) they have all read the veds, purans, gita etc. It's like going to school more or less. I take back saying a few days, maybe like a month or so. In that time i expect they can understand main ethics and things like that of Hinduism. A person can easily experience god but only if they try to communicate through Satpurush (an authentic saint) like Pramukh Swami Maharaj or Srila Prabhupada. If they cannot get to such sadhus they can meet other sadhus at the mandir as nearly all of them have time to spare for things like that. I have no doubt in my mind that an aethist can go into a mandir coming out a hindu within a months time. That person would almost definetely go back to that mandir learn more. Agree or disagree?

If they have never really looked. How to encourage them to look?

The material energy performs it's job well. Suffering, or even Krsna coming as unavoidable Death. Feeling a tiny bit of compassion; wouldn't it be nice if these did not have to be the catalysts for looking to God?

How to help soften a heart to look for God, before the inevitable promptings of the material energy do their work? If anyone knows please tell me. I am thinking of a loved one close to my heart!

My belief is that it is not possible for one jiva to convince another jiva if that other jiva holds a desire to not know about God. Krsna fullfills everyone's desires to know or not know.

We are told to look for the innocent. We can find many people who will admit they do not know one way or the other if there is God or not. To them we can try our best to attract them to the idea of God. To an artist mention how Krsna or God is the Supreme Artist and the source of everyone's artistic abilities. Same for the poetic, muscian or scientist.

It is sad that people have never even thought of God in these ways. When they hear God they think of the Big Judge in the sky that is about to throw everyone in the lake of fire. This is the result of propaganda from those with a poor fund of knowledge.

If we can in some tiny way present Krsna As He Is, then His nature will do the attracting.

But we are where we are in our spiritual search due to past sukriti, knowingly or unknowingly acquired. That sukriti will bear fruit even for the atheist. He may never submit to the philosophy you speak but then he may keep coming back for the prasada samosa's and give a little donation.

Bija there are ways to help soften the heart of your loved one. The Lord in your heart is the Lord in their heart and no one knows better than He. Pray to be His instrument in this and watch the inspiration that comes to you.

Any other answer you know as well as anyone on this board but only Krsna knows the hearts of those involved and how best to reach them.

Guest guest

From what I know, the only way to prove the existence of God is by having a spiritual experience of God. In Hinduism we have many Rishis, Yogis and Bhaktas who have had actual spiritual experience of God, so if we want God realisation, we have to follow the path they have laid down for us.

Before we have an experience, we are just merely believers and followers. It is the experience that totally changes you when you no longer have any doubts concerning God. That's why we say the Rishis and Yogis are 'enlightend'.

Guest guest

How to prove there is God exist to karmi ?

What are the evidences ?

How do other religions prove there is God too ?

It is very simple. You are not going to verify the existence of god via modern science; validate you can. You must use logic because that is higher than sense perception.

One argument I came up with is this:

If there is no Creator then all the atoms would be randomly floating around in empty space; but no, there are forms and names in existence, this means that there is someone who put the atoms into forms and attached names to them (Sanskrit the original language of mankind). According to the Vedic scriptures this person is Lord Brahma.

Maybe you can come up with another clever argument like this for verifying the existence of god.

Guest guest

It is very simple. You are not going to verify the existence of god via modern science; validate you can. You must use logic because that is higher than sense perception.

One argument I came up with is this:

If there is no Creator then all the atoms would be randomly floating around in empty space; but no, there are forms and names in existence, this means that there is someone who put the atoms into forms and attached names to them (Sanskrit the original language of mankind). According to the Vedic scriptures this person is Lord Brahma.

Maybe you can come up with another clever argument like this for verifying the existence of god.

Guest guest

Pranam!

Where is a Birth, there is a Death

that's while GOD is presence and GOD is with us

Between birth and death our "karma" choosen by GOD, and GOD create a mediator that is our soul.

That's while GOD is presence and GOD is with us.

We must have faith on our soul when we depend upon our soul it is proove that we are depend on GOD.

That's while GOD is presence and GOD is with us.

I am sorry to say:

"You are profile name is Vrindavan and your signature is 'Hare Krishna' and you ask to proove of GOD presence. Is it your hobby to registered your profile and signature as a GOD connected name.. like Vrindavan, Hare Krishna...? You must change your profile name and signature...and stop asking stupid questions like these...if you are trying to compaigning the 'HINDU DHARMA' and compare with other religion, it is not good. Our Hinduism and our holy 'BHAGWAT GITA' is always top of the world. I think you need to deep read of bhagwat gita. AND DO YOUR WORK!...

Jay Shree Krishna

Mayank Joshi

Guest guest

Can someone please help define the terms

Rishis, Yogis and Bhaktas ? Their differences ?

Thanks

Rishis - lived during the Vedic times, they are mystic philosophers that practiced Vedic rituals as well as Raja-Yoga. Whether or not modern sages such as Sri Aurobindo could be considered as Rishis, is debatable. Examples of Rishis are Yajnavalkya, Vishwamitra, Vasishtha, Gautama, Valmiki, Vyasa, etc.

Yogis - Those who follow Raja-yoga/Kundalini yoga (meditational path). Some of the Sadhu ascetics in India are yogis as well as the siddhas. A good example of a yogi was Patanjali who codified the yoga-sutras.

Bhaktas - Those who are advanced in the path of Bhakti-yoga. Can be considered the equivelent of saints. Examples are The Alwars, Ramanuja, Chaitanya, Tulsidas, etc.