IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Shivam

How Many Reincarnations does Lord Siva have?

Rate this topic

Shiva generally has expansions, not incarnations. Incarnations are performed by Vishnu for reestablishing dharma. Vishnu descends from the spiritual realm, reestablishes religion, and returns to the spiritual realm. Thus it is an incarnation (avatara - "to descend").

Shiva has thousands of expansions, with different forms and names.

Guest guest

Correct. Gods do not reincarante; the correct answer is, they descend as avatars.

The Shiva Purana, a 12th century text, contains some material on the avatars of Shiva. These avatars are modeled after the popular avatars of Vishnu. Since I do not have access to this text, I cannot list the names.

Cheers

Guest guest

Correct. Gods do not reincarante; the correct answer is, they descend as avatars.

The Shiva Purana, a 12th century text, contains some material on the avatars of Shiva. These avatars are modeled after the popular avatars of Vishnu. Since I do not have access to this text, I cannot list the names.

Cheers

does anyone know where I can read the Shive Geeta?

Radhe Krishna,

Well said, jndasji. The appearance of vishnu is explained in scriptures as incarnation and that of shiva is explained as manifestation. Today is ekadashi. May krishna bless us all with pure krishna bhakthi.

Radhe Krishna

Guest guest

^^ Who is the Shiva Gita's author? I'd like to read from it as well.

The Shiva Gita is from the Padma purana. This is all I know so far.

Reincarnation is due residual karma.Incarnation is the appropriate words .His incarnations cannot be counted. He is in the form of Eleven Main Rudras. Rudras are Millions and Billions in Number.Then Lord Hanuman is one.Lord Shankaracharya in another. The Syambhu Lingas are his Archa Incarnations. Lord Durvasa is also one of his incarnations.Lord Dattatreya is the incarnation of all the three Trinity. Lord Krishnas Murali is also his another incarnation.His power descends in Form of Guru.He is his main Incarnations.

Reincarnation is due residual karma.Incarnation is the appropriate words .His incarnations cannot be counted. He is in the form of Eleven Main Rudras. Rudras are Millions and Billions in Number.Then Lord Hanuman is one.Lord Shankaracharya in another. The Syambhu Lingas are his Archa Incarnations. Lord Durvasa is also one of his incarnations.Lord Dattatreya is the incarnation of all the three Trinity. Lord Krishnas Murali is also his another incarnation.His power descends in Form of Guru.He is his main Incarnations.

Man! nailed again if u ask me...:smash: I am becoming ur fan.....

HANUMAN too is an incarnation of Lord Shri Shiva

Guest guest

Some believe that Hanuman and Adi Shankara were incarnations of Lord Shiva, but this is debatable and is a view not shared by all.