IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My question to the devoties is , if we chant the holy mantra, are our sins washed away right away, or do we have to chant a certain amount?

how many times can we do this? what if we keep sinning, but also keep chantting?

Do we sin so we feel guilty and then chant? is this the lords work? has there been any other proof of krishna being on earth besides the vedas, where there any reports of him in the wester nations ?

Do we ever meet our loved ones in this life in our other lifes? Are we always connect to the same people throught out our lifes, do we keep making the same friends , have the same parents?

If one of us, under the mercy of the lord, is freeded from death and reborn, what happens to the people he loves, what about his parents and his kids and his friends, will krishna lift them out of the misery too ?

can we be freed from living inthe material live by just chanting or do we have to become a expert devotie and a master of the senses ?

if we have to gain the mercy of radhe , so we can do devotional service or even chant right, is radhe in a higher postion then krishna?

Does krishna assume the human form all over the universe? Or is he only looking as a human on this planet?

how easy is it to gain krishnas mercy, how much difficult is it to gain his love?

please forgive my dumb questions but please answere them.

Hare krishna

My question to the devoties is , if we chant the holy mantra, are our sins washed away right away, or do we have to chant a certain amount?

No - its not a piece of magic that you say and your karma is dissolved - not that easy ;) . Although if you say the Lords name with a heart full of love and devotoin the results of your actions whither away instantly because you have reached perfection. Senior devtees here can direct you to the appropriate scriptural refs.

how many times can we do this? what if we keep sinning, but also keep chantting?

Chant as many times as you want - it's supposed to be for bhakti, although you can pray for material benefit - i suppose this is how most people come into it. But don't use it as an excuse to commit action (good OR bad). Just make sure you dedicate all your actions and their results to God - that's the best way to absolve your karma.

Do we sin so we feel guilty and then chant? is this the lords work?

pass :confused:

has there been any other proof of krishna being on earth besides the vedas, where there any reports of him in the wester nations ?

The greeks acknowledged Vaisnavism and there is some evidence egyptians knew of it too. As for direct physical evidence, no, as far sa i know.

Do we ever meet our loved ones in this life in our other lifes?

Sure we do. The actions you perform have consequences. The web of karma is very complex but the people you interact with the most are bound to perform actions unto you and vice versa and hence you must meet again.

Are we always connect to the same people throught out our lifes, do we keep making the same friends , have the same parents?

Not neccessarily the same parents etc. but its plausible.

If one of us, under the mercy of the lord, is freeded from death and reborn, what happens to the people he loves, what about his parents and his kids and his friends, will krishna lift them out of the misery too ?

Your relationship with Krsna is between you and Him.

can we be freed from living inthe material live by just chanting or do we have to become a expert devotie and a master of the senses ?

As far as my understanding goes - love God, serve God and that's the royal road. That doesnt necessarily mean you HAVE to do 16 rounds of chanting everyday. Krsna's looking to your heart, not your rosary. Bhakti is the key.

if we have to gain the mercy of radhe , so we can do devotional service or even chant right, is radhe in a higher postion then krishna?

Haha, good question. I'll leave this to the seniors.

Does krishna assume the human form all over the universe? Or is he only looking as a human on this planet?

The belief is that Krsna's form is eternal. i.e. supreme PERSONALITY of Godhead.

how easy is it to gain krishnas mercy, how much difficult is it to gain his love?

Do you want someone to quantify relative ease?! I reckon you already have KRsna's love. Now your love needs to connect.

please forgive my dumb questions but please answere them.

Absolutely amazing and fundamental questions that every seeker should ask! Please forgive my semi-complete answers!

Hare krishna

Saying the name of Ramma and krishna ONLY ONCE (but with sincerity)is enough to wash away all of our sins accumulated through ages. However saying the names with sincerity is usually not possible when one just start chanting. Sincerity comes after some times of repetely chanting the names Ramma and Krishna.

Guest guest

Our sins are completely washed away when our chanting becomes 'offenseless', i.e without the 10 types of offenses.

The chanting becomes offenseless when we chant with an attitude being humbler than a blade of grass and more tolerant than tree, and with 'full surrender' to Krishna.

This feeling may not come immediately and it may even take us several years.

When the cover of Maya is completely eradicated from our hearts, only then can we chant offenselessly with full surrender to Krishna.

Our great Acaryas used to shed tears like torrents of rains spontaneously just by hearing the holy name, what to speak of chanting it. So that is the stage of offenseless chanting.

The tears that we might shed during chanting, those tears are salty. Those tears would usually go away afterwards.

Tears from devotees having attained love for GOD have tears which are sweet in taste.