IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
prajot_nair

Dream

Rate this topic

Hi all,

yesterday night I had a strange dream ....Myself and my freinds was wandering in night ( I recollect forest like place ...).suddenly I noticed a cave anentry to it .And to my surprise i found an IDOL of krishna pinkish in colourand a holding a flute.....It seemed idol was untouched for years..So I thoughtI would offer my prayers .so i started looking out for a matchstik to alightthe lamp .but invain .finally to my surpirise it automatically got alighted.and was overjoyed tears came rolling out of my cheeks.and offered my "pranama" ..mean while my friends gathered and thier joy knew no bounds

That was the end of it.But that was a great feeling when i woke up....

Strange Dreams ....How can we interpret it....Morning as usual i chanted

the MahaMantra...HareKrishna hare krishna......

Prajot

Guest guest

maybe there are a cave as in ur dream sumwhere and a Murti are there whanting to be found?

Guest guest

Maybe you have to look into the cave of your heart and find paramatma there waiting for discovery.

thats a really good comment! jay!

Guest guest

mundane dreams are just that but dreams bout God is always real.. thats what my guru tells me

I think dreams are more than just chemical reactions in your brain. I had a dream of Sheshanaga after converting to Hinduism and praying to Vishnu. I've also had two dreams of Hanuman and a dream of Krishna, all of these were very real. When I was Christian I never had any dreams about Jesus or angels, but when I switched to Hinduism it was like a light switched on.

Guest guest

I think dreams are more than just chemical reactions in your brain. I had a dream of Sheshanaga after converting to Hinduism and praying to Vishnu. I've also had two dreams of Hanuman and a dream of Krishna, all of these were very real. When I was Christian I never had any dreams about Jesus or angels, but when I switched to Hinduism it was like a light switched on.

i dont agree.. i had dreams about the future that have occured, so how can it only be chemical reaction in the brain? this is a very mundane look on dreams.. if my guru tell me spiritual dreams are spiritual, i listen to Him..

Guest guest

i dont agree.. i had dreams about the future that have occured, so how can it only be chemical reaction in the brain? this is a very mundane look on dreams.. if my guru tell me spiritual dreams are spiritual, i listen to Him..

Well, that's what I mean, I don't think they're just chemical reactions. There's too many things that go on to disprove that is is ONLY chemical reactions in the brain. Such as having an OBE while asleep. Which might what a dream is, you're only unconscious of it.

There is a verse (SB 4.29.67):

adrstam asrutam catra

kvacin manasi drsyate

yatha tathanumantavyam

desa-kala-kriyasrayam

"Sometimes in a dream we see something never experienced or heard of in this life, but all these incidents have been experienced at different times, in different places and in different conditions."

Srila Prabhupada says in this connection, that the mind is always active, and what it records during the day it plays back at night. He gave the example of seeing a mountain at some point and a gold ring at another. The mind may merge the two together and we dream of a mountain of gold. He went on to say that the experiences may not have even occured in this day, or even in this life, but rather in a previous life. According to the time and circumstance, the imprints are activated and combined. If we examine our dreams, we see more and more how this is case.

Having a spiritualized dream is of course the best; it is Krsna conscious. If our days are absorbed in Krsna consciousness, then it is most likely true that our nights will be as well.

This is the goal--to always remember Krsna, and never forget Him.

Hare Krsna

nekozuki -

I have OBEs all the time! & I don't even know how I'm doing it either..?

Yeah, they tend to happen more spontaneously. Doing them willingly is hard, you have to be pretty adept in it. I've heard to be careful though if you do it willingly, Ï've been warned of psychic attacks. :eek2:

How true that is, nekozuki!

Whenever I WANT to do it, it doesn't happen.

whenever I forget about wanting to do it, it happens!

So i promised myself to just forget about it,

and it'll happen when it happens :)

One time I did it, I psychic attacked myself (I think...?) My physical body-eyes opened and I saw my celestial body looking down at me,

and I nearly had a heart attack! I remember I crashed back down into my body and I ached for days!

But at the same time - it was so wonderful to know that it worked, that I wasn't just dreaming!

How true that is, nekozuki!

Whenever I WANT to do it, it doesn't happen.

whenever I forget about wanting to do it, it happens!

So i promised myself to just forget about it,

and it'll happen when it happens :)

One time I did it, I psychic attacked myself (I think...?) My physical body-eyes opened and I saw my celestial body looking down at me,

and I nearly had a heart attack! I remember I crashed back down into my body and I ached for days!

But at the same time - it was so wonderful to know that it worked, that I wasn't just dreaming!

Just be careful because there are "beings" that don't care for humans much.

Guest guest

this is true, there are many astral beings and entities that are malicious.. but one who chants dont have to care about these as long one ignore them and only wanna chant the Glorious Names of the Lord!

this is true, there are many astral beings and entities that are malicious.. but one who chants dont have to care about these as long one ignore them and only wanna chant the Glorious Names of the Lord!

True, true. But chant and be careful lol.

Guest guest

Here is my humble opinion:

You were wandering through the darkness, lost and without light or direction. You found a path through it and discovered that Krishna led you out of this darkness. In vain you sought to discover a source of illumination (match stick) from outside of yourself but in the end you were able to illuminate the darkness without the need for external accesories. The key to happiness was never outside of yourself, but was within the entire time.

Furthermore, by listening and following Krishna, you unintentionally led your friends to light and pleasure.

You are very fortunate to have had this dream!

-N

Hi all,

yesterday night I had a strange dream ....Myself and my freinds was wandering in night ( I recollect forest like place ...).suddenly I noticed a cave anentry to it .And to my surprise i found an IDOL of krishna pinkish in colourand a holding a flute.....It seemed idol was untouched for years..So I thoughtI would offer my prayers .so i started looking out for a matchstik to alightthe lamp .but invain .finally to my surpirise it automatically got alighted.and was overjoyed tears came rolling out of my cheeks.and offered my "pranama" ..mean while my friends gathered and thier joy knew no bounds

That was the end of it.But that was a great feeling when i woke up....

Strange Dreams ....How can we interpret it....Morning as usual i chanted

the MahaMantra...HareKrishna hare krishna......

Prajot

Hi all,

Thanks for all for that replies...Last one by NBT was nicely interpreted

Still There Is long way to go and get quailified to become his

devotee....Iam trying my best to achieve that Goal....:pray:

Hare Krishna

Regards

Prajot