IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Navarna mantra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The three bijas might refer to the three shaktis, and Chamunda is a form of mother Kali, but what does VICHCHE mean? "Decapitation"? (Chamunda got Her name from decapitating the demons Chanda and Munda.)

Guest guest

Why do the evil characters in Hindu soaps (eg the Guru of the demons) use this mantra ?

Mantra is not language, but meta-language and therefore does not function like a word. In fact Mantra does not depend on its conventional meaning in Sanskrit to gain significance nor does it resemble its object symbolically.

So translation of any Mantra does not have any significance.

What is the translation of "OM AIM HRIM KLIM CHAMUNDAYE VICCHE"?

Thank you.

Om = Pranav representing Parmatma

Aim = Mahasaraswati

Hrim = MahaLakshmi

Klim = Maha Kali

Chamundaye = Chamunda Devi

Vichhe = to untie

Meaning when combined- Mahasaraswati(Satwgun) MahaLakshmi(Rajogun) Mahakali(Tamogun) Swaroopa Maa adi shakti Chamunda Devi meri kundlini ki granthi ko khol den (Untie the knot of my Kundlini). This is the most simple interparteation of Navarnmantra and I really hate those who use this mantra in TV serials as a evil or marka mantra.

I want to warn everyone of the mantra, and of it's correct pronunciation:

"Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundaye Vichche" is the wrong way to say it. The correct way is:

OM AING HREENG KLEEN CHAMUNDAYE VICHCHE

The way you pronounce a mantra is very crucial. Some people have accidentally prayed for insanity. In Rayayan, Kumbhkaran wanted to ask for "Indrasan" but got "Nindrasan" (though the Gods made it happen). The same accident applies to us.

The danger with this mantra is ON AVERAGE it's used more for either immediate emergency, times of war, or black magic. Generally if you want protection or removal of ghosts or negative feelings, you pray to Durga and Hanuman.

The mantra I posted above requires that the prayer have no ego, and do it with the right concentration. Chamunday is an angrier form of Durga Maya, and she will fulfill your wish but it may not be the way you expect. As well, if you have a high ego then she will kill you.

I've found this from experience by knowing people who died because of this prayer.

If you must do it, pronounce it the way I posted and have a pure heart. Seriously, I'm not joking here.

Shanti everyone!

This is the most powerful and popular Mantra. The combination of the three Bijas means it is addressed to the Supreme Deity Chandi as enunciated in Devi Mahatmya. This is also known as Chandi Navakshari.

The difference between "Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundaye Vichche" and "OM AING HREENG KLEEN CHAMUNDAYE VICHCHE" is because of the way the Bija mantras are pronounced in South India and North India. Everyone swears that his pronunciation is correct.

This is an ideal mantra for reaching GOD. If you are using it for spiritual advancement, you do not have to bother about pronunciation.

MAA is Dayamoyi and Karunamoyi. It is ridiculous to think that MAA will punish you if you mispronounce the Mantra or do not have concentration.

This canard has been spread by Pundits who wanted a monopoly of the Mantra Yoga and did not want others to reach GOD. They are/were interested in ensuring that anyone who wants to approach GOD does it only through them after paying a hefty commission.

Death is a punishment in the Abrahmic religion. Death is deliverance in Hinduism.

About the use of this Mantra for other purposes, all mantras can be used for various purposes. It is not the fault of the Mantra. Nor is it designed for that. For example a hand Gun can be used to protect yourself from harm. It can be also used for murder. It is not the fault of the Gun.

Guest om guruve namah

This is the most powerful and popular Mantra. The combination of the three Bijas means it is addressed to the Supreme Deity Chandi as enunciated in Devi Mahatmya. This is also known as Chandi Navakshari.

The difference between "Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundaye Vichche" and "OM AING HREENG KLEEN CHAMUNDAYE VICHCHE" is because of the way the Bija mantras are pronounced in South India and North India. Everyone swears that his pronunciation is correct.

This is an ideal mantra for reaching GOD. If you are using it for spiritual advancement, you do not have to bother about pronunciation.

MAA is Dayamoyi and Karunamoyi. It is ridiculous to think that MAA will punish you if you mispronounce the Mantra or do not have concentration. 

This canard has been spread by Pundits who wanted a monopoly of the Mantra Yoga and did not want others to reach GOD. They are/were interested in ensuring that anyone who wants to approach GOD does it only through them after paying a hefty commission.

Death is a punishment in the Abrahmic religion. Death is deliverance in Hinduism.

About the use of this Mantra for other purposes, all mantras can be used for various purposes. It is not the fault of the Mantra. Nor is it designed for that. For example a hand Gun can be used to protect yourself from harm. It can be also used for murder. It is not the fault of the Gun.

It is always amazing to me. All of the theories and ideas of what people have heard or been taught by someone or even because they have read it before, yet the ignorance is dispelled by the light. When one has actual experience of what mantra is beyond a concept in the head and it becomes a tangible experience, the pronunciation becomes obvious and there is a correct way of pronouncing and the argument of it being north or south becomes just more ignorance and misunderstanding. It is just like all the ideas of what this mantra means written above or all over the internet (this is what it is for right?). When it maintains just a concept or just knowledge, it is absolutely useless and maintains that is is nothing more than an opinion that was taught to someone by someone else. When it is a real tangible experience connected with wisdom (that is easily found in the puranas and vedas) all the false connotations and theories and opinions dissipate.

Guest Guest

Yeah.. even if people pronounce it a litle incorrectly but still have a pure heart then the benefits are for god to judge... not dogma. Everyone will not have the same language and pronunciation but u r right that a pure heart is necessary plus the dieties are metaphors for spiritual energies. There is no physical devi to punish u unless u stupidly believe there is. Spirituality is a personal intangible understanding to dispel ignorance not meant to be based on fear but rather understanding. Mantra is also metalanguage as was posted earlier so the actual word/concentration is deeply internal where the changes would happen first.

Guest keykos

There is definitely a wrong way to do mantra chanting and it is by severe mispronounciation since it correlates to the chakras and their attunement to these vibrations which is also pretty sensitive by nature. Another wrong way to do mantra chanting is by chanting without proper understanding. There are certain mantras like navarnamantra that need to passed or initiated by guru otherwise random chanting can have unintended consequences- especially with these powerful mantras and they may even cause further derangement or danger if the person is unstable physically/mentally. The best mantras to chant are the ones deemed auspicious for all like om namah shivaya or om gam ganapateyanamaha or hanuman/krishna mantras. These mantras are basic so it is understandable if people practice them more since they would not cause harm or further derangement of energies.

I myself tried practicing navarnamantra for a week but the effects of it were so powerful that I could only see this mantra to have military application. Once I switched back to om namah shivaya- I started making peaceful and stable progress again. Navarnamantra is powerful and may derange energies further if there is no proper understanding. Instead it is better to practice a more basic auspicious mantra for those without initiation. Plus with less syllables, the less chance of mispronounciation. All this is just my opinion/understanding

Guest I was wrong

OK so I was wrong. So there is a wrong way to chant mantra and the pronunciation is important. The proper understanding is also needed since the mantra takes a physical manifestation eventually. I apologize but I don't have a teacher so i had the wrong idea.

Guest Guest

I received initiation in to this mantra through our Guru Sri Avdhoot Shivananda Babaji (ref: www.shivyog.com or www.shivyogus.com). Until then, I had no clue or introduction to these powerful Beej Mantras.

We received very strong and powerful shakthi initiation in to 700 Beej Mantras (Durga Sapta Shati = DSS). Anyone interested can receive the initation either directly or remotely through Shiv Yog spiritual organization. You may have hundreds of legitimate questions; I don't doubt that. But when you meet a realized master in person, all your doubts vanish in a split second! After reciting DSS for week, I started seeing drastic +ve changes in my mind, body and nervous system. After few months of recitation, I started releasing deep rooted karmas. This phase was not pleasant to myself or to people around me. With help from my Guru, I managed to squeak through this phase.

I have read about hundreds of Indian saints in books. But finally, I got my opportunity to meet one through Shivanand Babaji.

Warm Regards

S.

Guest riya

I had a dream last night and I saw a women standing in the dark on the front steps of my house and she was saying this mantra looking at me. Also I saw three black dogs entered in the house its was so dark I got so scared I tried of pull the dogs away from my house but failed. I screamed from my mother when she came to me the dog went away I told her about the women but she denied to accept it. I ran through the door to have her look again and I saw her again murmuring the same mantra again. Then I woke up late night saw my hand were joined I got so damm scared that I started chanting gyatri mantra. It was so hard for me to go back to sleep.

Guest Ven

You had a bad dream., that's because you have invoked the super Energy or Super Power that tends to act immediately.

The scope of this particular mantras are beyond body level energies or chakras and extends beyond the shasrara and prevades everywhere, vaccum, ether and what not nature name it, this super power prevades there.

You shouldn't mispronounce this mantra, because, the deity is invoked "as is" soon she killed the barbaric and notorious demons. She says, I don't like to be invoked in this way, and i always wanted to be calm, as she says to Lord Shiva.

So, yes, if you mispronounce this mantra, yes the Deity 100% becomes, angry since you are referring to her and remembering "as is" soon she killed the barbaric and notorious demons.

And she will become angry at you. But again your equation  of good deeds + bad deeds comes in to picture.

You may have done good deeds in life, that would please her to stop continuing her being angry at you, and she forgives you with a nightmare or warning or  small incidents.

Another one to remember. You can really pray to her in this way, with proper prerequisites, proper pronunciation and if someone is torturing you, for no mistake you did. She then will take pity on you (again, the equation of your good + bad deeds come into play, and that should please her to help you) once she takes pity on you, and the person is really torturing you for no reason, supernatural and unoticed mystery happens. You will be baffled to experience them.

i have so much to say, but time doesn't spare me...

I need to do my meditations and continue my sadhanas.Bye!