IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Shiva Lingam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lingam and we were the little baby lingams waiting to hatch. He looked visibly

stressed, His head bending down touching the table and body slumping forward.

He started shaking and trembling as we sang Shiva bhajans with all our Heart

and Soul. Right before the Lingam emerged I positioned my eyeglasses, extending

them out a bit like binoculars, which magnified Him even further. Then Like the

Cosmos giving birth the lingam sky rocketed out of His Divine mouth. I could

clearly see a stream of golden Light as it issued forth. He held up what looked

like a piece of the sun, brilliant, translucent, golden Lingam. Swami kept

showing the Lingam, going into the crowds of devotees holding the Lingam up,

for all to wonder in awe. He then returned to the veranda. Our beloved Swami

blessed a couple who have been residents of the ashram doing amazing service for

Sai Avatar. Mr. and Mrs Paramahansa. He announced that he had

deposited 1 lakh, in an account for about 60 orphans whom this blessed couple

was taking care of. Swami interacted with the boys promising to always take

care of them as their Mother and Father. The boys spoke a few words and also

sang for Bhagawan. Prasad was then distributed, spicy rice on banana leaves.

Right now I am in the highest heaven and need to get some rest. JAI SAI RAM to

all. More later. Lots of Prema sonya ki

Lingam and we were the little baby lingams waiting to hatch. He looked visibly

stressed, His head bending down touching the table and body slumping forward.

He started shaking and trembling as we sang Shiva bhajans with all our Heart

and Soul. Right before the Lingam emerged I positioned my eyeglasses, extending

them out a bit like binoculars, which magnified Him even further. Then Like the

Cosmos giving birth the lingam sky rocketed out of His Divine mouth. I could

clearly see a stream of golden Light as it issued forth. He held up what looked

like a piece of the sun, brilliant, translucent, golden Lingam. Swami kept

showing the Lingam, going into the crowds of devotees holding the Lingam up,

for all to wonder in awe. He then returned to the veranda. Our beloved Swami

blessed a couple who have been residents of the ashram doing amazing service for

Sai Avatar. Mr. and Mrs Paramahansa. He announced that he had

deposited 1 lakh, in an account for about 60 orphans whom this blessed couple

was taking care of. Swami interacted with the boys promising to always take

care of them as their Mother and Father. The boys spoke a few words and also

sang for Bhagawan. Prasad was then distributed, spicy rice on banana leaves.

Right now I am in the highest heaven and need to get some rest. JAI SAI RAM to

all. More later. Lots of Prema sonya ki

The Lingam is symbolic of the Divine Creative manifestation. The Lingam shape is representative of the power of Shiva, the Lord of Creation, the masculine creative energy. The markings symbolize the feminine energy, the seed which is fertilized to manifest the creative power in the dance of the cosmos.

This Shiva is God Stuff is Bogus.

Lord Shiva is the Brother of the Kumaras & Narada etc.

When Lord Brahma passes away --so will all pass away by merging back into MAhaVisnu's Breathing.

The Hiarchy of the Descendants of Lord Brahma Maha-pita-ma [Great Grand Father] of the Celestial "Demi-gods" is known.

Shiva is Brahma's Son.

Shiva & Brahma are Jiva-atmas.

Visnu is a 'plenary expansion' of God in the Material Worlds.

But don't let me dissuade you from pursuing your passion.

Your evident devotion will bring you to the service of Mahesh's other more-seasoned servants in due time.

Since Lord Shiva is a Vaishnava without equal then we must invoke his protection from maya & her illusory spells and her servants too.

PS: This is impersonal: "The Lingam is symbolic of the Divine Creative manifestation. The Lingam shape is representative of the power of Shiva, the Lord of Creation, the masculine creative energy. The markings symbolize the feminine energy, the seed which is fertilized to manifest the creative power in the dance of the cosmos."

2) I do not have any faith in YOU. Let me be specific. I do not think you are sincere in your propaganda! That is why I do not have any faith in YOU.

I feel that you are seeking fame, adoration and distinction in a field that you have just recently become acquinted with. Lord Shiva is a Hare Krishna--did you know that?

When Lord Brahma passes away --so will all pass away by merging back into MAhaVisnu's Breathing.

The Hiarchy of the Descendants of Lord Brahma Maha-pita-ma [Great Grand Father] of the Celestial "Demi-gods" is known.

Shiva is Brahma's Son.

Your evident devotion will bring you to the service of Mahesh's other more-seasoned servants in due time.

Since Lord Shiva is a Vaishnava without equal then we must invoke his protection from maya & her illusory spells and her servants too.

PS: This is impersonal: "The Lingam is symbolic of the Divine Creative manifestation. The Lingam shape is representative of the power of Shiva, the Lord of Creation, the masculine creative energy. The markings symbolize the feminine energy, the seed which is fertilized to manifest the creative power in the dance of the cosmos."

2) I do not have any faith in YOU. Let me be specific. I do not think you are sincere in your propaganda! That is why I do not have any faith in YOU.

I feel that you are seeking fame, adoration and distinction in a field that you have just recently become acquinted with. Lord Shiva is a Hare Krishna--did you know that?

:smash: Bhaktajan I feel you are a Confused Misguided child without a Universal consciousness

How many time you fool ask the same question in every thread ok where is your back up no is willing to fight on your behalf:P

Shiva is Brahma's Son.

I really feel pity for your state. Indeed you have been brainwashed perfectly by your peers. Fool, where are you looking for god and what are you trying to prove? Have you tried to know yourself first or wasting your time in brandishing others to be a perfect Missionary. That pure conciousness is within you, your Pundarika, his Shiva, our Brahman, everything. Go into yourself. Realise now. Find the truth for yourself. Not in the Books.

Visnu is a 'plenary expansion' of God in the Material Worlds. posted by jan

http://nitaaiveda.com/All_Scriptures_By_Acharyas/Vishvanatha_Chakravarti_Thakura/Bhagavatamrita_Kanika.htm

......Hereafter the gunavatars are being introduced.

By the action of the mode of goodness, the Master of the milk ocean, Shri Vishnu, maintains the universe. By the action of the mode of passion, the universe is created by Lord Brahma, who is generated from the lotus flower arisen from Garbhodasayi Vishnu's navel. In some kalpas, a jiva (living entity) who has amassed profuse piety takes the position of Lord Brahma and creates the universe. In this instance, due to the infusion of the Lord's potency in that jiva, he is referred to as an avesavatar. Because in that Brahma there is a connection with the mode of passion, he cannot be compared on a equal footing with Lord Vishnu. In those kalpas when there is an absence of any qualified jiva to take up the position of Lord Brahma, then Lord Vishnu Himself becomes Lord Brahma. Similarly, during some manvantaras, the incarnation of the Lord as Yagya has to take up the position of Lord Indra. During that manvantara when Yagya becomes Indra and during that kalpa when Vishnu becomes Brahma, then it can be said that they (Brahma and Indra) attain equality with Lord Vishnu.

The gross body of Brahma, consisting of the total material substance (the aggregate of the universal form of material nature, extending from Patala up to Satyaloka), is also known as Brahma. Hiranyagarbha, Who is manifested within that gross body as subtle living entities, is also known as Brahma. The indwelling soul therein, the second purusha, Garbhodasayi, is Iswar, the Supreme Controller. He Who is the destroyer, by the action of the mode of ignorance is Lord Siva. The indwelling purusha within the Universal Form as well as the subtle form of the Creator, Hiranyagarbha, Who is the super excellent controller born of the lotus flower, have both been referred to as Brahma. This Brahma also accepts the form of Siva for the purpose of destruction. During some kalpas very pious jivas attain this position whereas in others, Lord Vishnu Himself accepts the position of Lord Siva. However, the personality of Sadasiva, is a plenary portion (vilas-vigraha: as distinct from svamsa expansions which are endowed with a smaller degree of potency from the original Godhead) of the self-same form of the Supreme Lord, Shri Krishna, and He is transcendental to the three modes of material nature. It is from Him that the gunavatar of Siva is expanded. Therefore He should be understood to be superior to Brahma, equal to Lord Vishnu, and entirely separate from jivas, who are influenced by the material modes of nature.......

Dear devotees of Amma, please accept my simple obiesances and well wishes. I met you dear one (Amma) in Australia this year...I received her loving embrace and kindly kiss on my forehead...I was truly blessed by her loving presence and received loving healing and deeper vision. Thank you Maa for your loving kindness!

Shiva is Brahma's Son.

The stuff you say doesn't apply to Sri Sadashiva residing above the division of the Viraja river. I hope you know this. :)

To each his own slice of fruit cake:

Bhaktajan

you are without a Universal consciousness

no is willing to fight on your behalf --Yes, Sensei.

.......................................................................................

Brainwashed Institutional Child, you have been brainwashed,

where are you looking for god, Find the truth for yourself.

Not in the Books --So bogus; DON"T SHOW ME THE SASTRA.

Go get married in a California Forest while is still in vogue, flake;

Oh, is that someone else's argument?

Institutional Child? You got that right Oh Simple one!

Find the truth for yourself?

I am your Guru and here's my edict to you:

You're a punk without a compass and you know it.

But at least you will be very good at it --I can sense these things from your insipid propaganda.

Go look up insipid--it may lead you to self-realization.

Hint: Leave a trail of crumbs on the way there.

.......................................................................................

The stuff you say doesn't apply to Sri Sadashiva

residing above the division of the Viraja river --

SHOW ME THE SASTRA KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the personality of Sadasiva, is a plenary portion of Shri Krishna,

It is from Him that the gunavatar of Siva is expanded.

--I have shortened this sentence--it proves what I have been saying:

Sadasiva, is a plenary portion of Shri Krishna.

Any one who accepts a Demigod as equal to Krishna is

simply, simply, simply a covered Atheist.

Since you won't accept 'who your daddy is' --My advise is

you better worship any Deva you can think of to heal that

wounded child in side of you.

And Radharani and Rama are Shaivas --So bogus. Stop being shameless!

Shamelessness means offending authorities, decorum, propriety.

I accept the Devas as is explained in the Srimad-bhagavatam.

I don't require non-Vaishnavas to crash the party to announce that a new Host has re-defined who is being celebrated.

You are trying to challenge me, Bhaktajan prabhuji? You think I can't come up with the sastric evidence. Not so! It is in Brhad Bhagavatamrita volume 2. Check it out. Mahesh dhama is above the Viraja river and is therefore above the world of birth and death.

Note- this is again refering to Lord Sadashiva, not Rudra (the expansion of Lord Sadashiva).

Yes, I know I am only 14 so you think I am making things up but I am simply repeating what Srila Sanatana Goswami has taught me. I hope you don't kill me for that.

Yeah! THE SASTRA KID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are trying to challenge me, Bhaktajan prabhuji? You think I can't come up with the sastric evidence. Not so! It is in Brhad Bhagavatamrita volume 2. Check it out. Mahesh dhama is above the Viraja river and is therefore above the world of birth and death.

Note- this is again refering to Lord Sadashiva, not Rudra (the expansion of Lord Sadashiva).

Yes, I know I am only 14 so you think I am making things up but I am simply repeating what Srila Sanatana Goswami has taught me. I hope you don't kill me for that.

Your chastisements are the best of my happiness.

"refering to Lord Sadashiva, not Rudra"

Think I know what you're referring to.

Und, I'll be back.

Is this verse in relation to what you are referencing?

SB 11.27.29:

"With offerings such as prokñaëa one should worship Durgä, Vinäyaka, Vyäsa, Viñvaksena, the spiritual masters and the various demigods. All these personalities should be in their proper places facing the Deity of the Lord."

PURPORT

According to Çréla Jéva Gosvämé, the Gaëeça and Durgä mentioned in this verse are not the same personalities present within the material world; rather, they are eternal associates of the Lord in Vaikuëöha.

In this world Gaëeça, the son of Lord Çiva, is famous for awarding financial success, and the goddess Durgä, the wife of Lord Çiva, is famous as the external, illusory potency of the Supreme Lord.

The personalities mentioned here, however, are eternally liberated associates of the Lord who reside in the spiritual sky, beyond the material manifestation.

Çréla Jéva Gosvämé quotes from various Vedic literatures to prove that the name Durgä may also indicate the internal potency of the Lord, who is nondifferent from Him.

The external, or covering, potency of the Lord expands from this original Durgä. The Durgä of the material world, called Mahä-mäyä, assumes the function of bewildering the living entities.

Thus a devotee should not fear becoming polluted by worshiping the Durgä mentioned here, who has the same name as illusion, but rather the devotee must show respect to these eternal servitors of the Supreme Lord in Vaikuëöha.

PS: Volume 2 is a large book--with not too many pictures. You do know that?

Double PS: The name Virajä indicates a marginal position between the spiritual and material worlds, but the Virajä River is not under the control of the material energy. Consequently it is devoid of the three guëas. (CC Madhya 15.172 P)

Und, I'll be back. by jan

Hey go easy on me lil' mate:) Indu is right on the money....and she recommended an essential book by Sanatana Goswami. Brhad Bhagavatamrta is a clear description of a balanced approach of Hare Krsna truths. Infact this is a very inclusive book...much different to the fanaticism of some devotees.

Goswami writes in such a way to glorify Radha-Krsna Dham and the science of love without offending those who find satisfaction elsewhere. It is a great book Jan, it must of been a classic in its time to convince people of the validity of Gaudiya Vaisnavism, here is the link:

http://nitaaiveda.com/All_Scriptures_By_Acharyas/Sanatana_Goswami/Brihad_Bhagavatamrita.htm

Thus a devotee should not fear becoming polluted by worshiping the Durgä mentioned here, who has the same name as illusion, but rather the devotee must show respect to these eternal servitors of the Supreme Lord in Vaikuëöha. quoted by jan

we best be careful in philosophical debate with our friend...she knows the text;) jaya gurudeva:)

(arnold is a big soft heart):rolleyes:

And Radharani and Rama are Shaivas --So bogus. Stop being shameless!

Shamelessness means offending authorities, decorum, propriety.

I accept the Devas as is explained in the Srimad-bhagavatam.

I don't require non-Vaishnavas to crash the party to announce that a new Host has re-defined who is being celebrated.

They are Shaivas. Lord Rama worshipped Lord Shiva as Linga Rupa. Radharani is called both 'Shiva Bhakta' [a devotee of Lord Shiva] AND 'Shiva Bhakti Daa' [she who gives devotion to Lord Shiva]. And, do you remember who She worshipped in order to gain Lord Krishna as Her lover? Oh, yea, that's right, Durga Mata in the form of Katyayani. She was both a Shaiva and a Shakta. What, exactly, are you missing?

Oh God! Bhaktajan, look at all of this 'blasphemy'!:

harihara_a_composite_image_vishnu_and_shiva_hi83.jpg

radha_krishna_and_gopis_worship_goddess_mahakali_wj26.jpg

radha_krishna_and_companions_worship_the_shiva_wi74.jpg

OMG! Where do these 'sinners' come up with such 'blasphemy'?! Oh, yea, that's right... shastra!:

O all-auspicious Yogamaya, I shall then appear with My full six opulences as the son of Devaki, and you will appear as the daughter of mother Yashoda, the queen of Maharaja Nanda. Through offerings, ordinary human beings will worship you gorgeously, with various paraphernalia, because You are supreme in fulfilling the desires of all. Lord Krishna spoke thusly with Mayadevi: In different places on the surface of the earth, people will give you different names, such as Durga, Bhadrakali, Vijaya, Vaishnavi, Kumuda, Chandika, Krishnaa,Madhavi, Kanyaka, Maya, Narayani, Ishani, Sharada and Ambika.

--Srimad Bhagavata Purana 10.2.9-12

My dear King, after they had bathed in the water of the Yamuna just as the sun was rising, the gopīs made an earthen deity of goddess Durga on the riverbank. Then they worshiped her with such aromatic substances as sandalwood pulp, along with other items both opulent and simple, including lamps, fruits, betel nuts, newly grown leaves, and fragrant garlands and incense. Each of the young unmarried girls performed her worship while chanting the following mantra: "O goddess Katyayani, O great power of the Lord, O possessor of great mystic power and mighty controller of all, please make the son of Nanda Maharaja my husband. I offer my obeisances unto You."

--Srimad Bhagavata Purana 10.22.3-5

And Arjuna said, 'O Kapardin, O chief of all gods, O destroyer of the eyes of Bhaga, O god of gods, O Mahadeva, O thou of blue throat, O thou of matted locks, I know thee as the Cause of all causes. O thou of three eyes, O lord of all! Thou art the refuge of all the gods! This universe hath sprung from thee. Thou art incapable of being vanquished by the three worlds of the celestials, the Asuras, and men. Thou art Siva in the form of Vishnu, and Vishnu in the form of Siva. Thou destroyedest of old the great sacrifice of Daksha. O Hari-Rudra, I bow to thee. Thou hast an eye on thy forehead. O Sarva, O thou that rainest objects of desire, O bearer of the trident, O wielder of the Pinaka, O Surya, O thou of pure body, O Creator of all, I bow to thee. O lord of all created things, I worship thee to obtain thy grace. Thou art the lord of the Ganas, the source of universal blessing, the Cause of the causes of the universe. Thou art beyond the foremost of male beings, thou art the highest, thou art the subtlest, O Hara! O illustrious Sankara, it behoveth thee to pardon my fault. It was even to obtain a sight of thyself that I came to this great mountain, which is dear to thee and which is the excellent abode of ascetics. Thou art worshipped of all worlds. O lord, I worship thee to obtain thy grace. Let not this rashness of mine be regarded as a fault--this combat in which I was engaged with thee from ignorance. O Sankara, I seek thy protection. Pardon me all I have done."

--Mahabharata: Vana Parva: Kairata Parva: Section 39

Is this verse in relation to what you are referencing?

SB 11.27.29:

"With offerings such as prokñaëa one should worship Durgä, Vinäyaka, Vyäsa, Viñvaksena, the spiritual masters and the various demigods. All these personalities should be in their proper places facing the Deity of the Lord."

PURPORT

According to Çréla Jéva Gosvämé, the Gaëeça and Durgä mentioned in this verse are not the same personalities present within the material world; rather, they are eternal associates of the Lord in Vaikuëöha.

In this world Gaëeça, the son of Lord Çiva, is famous for awarding financial success, and the goddess Durgä, the wife of Lord Çiva, is famous as the external, illusory potency of the Supreme Lord.

The personalities mentioned here, however, are eternally liberated associates of the Lord who reside in the spiritual sky, beyond the material manifestation.

Çréla Jéva Gosvämé quotes from various Vedic literatures to prove that the name Durgä may also indicate the internal potency of the Lord, who is nondifferent from Him.

The external, or covering, potency of the Lord expands from this original Durgä. The Durgä of the material world, called Mahä-mäyä, assumes the function of bewildering the living entities.

Thus a devotee should not fear becoming polluted by worshiping the Durgä mentioned here, who has the same name as illusion, but rather the devotee must show respect to these eternal servitors of the Supreme Lord in Vaikuëöha.

PS: Volume 2 is a large book--with not too many pictures. You do know that?

Double PS: The name Virajä indicates a marginal position between the spiritual and material worlds, but the Virajä River is not under the control of the material energy. Consequently it is devoid of the three guëas. (CC Madhya 15.172 P)

Nope. I am reffering to SRI BRIHAD BHAGAVATAMRITA. Not Srimad Bhagavatam. Hope this helps.

Who am I to chastise you? I am like you daughter. Forgive me for my arrogance.

So you are both 14 bhaktajan and indulekhadasi. Let a priest check your horoscope, maybe there's potential for a marriage. ;)

Bhaktajan is 14 years old? Wow. I am actually going to be 15 this February. :)

But regarding marriage I prefer a big age difference and besides it is not time to think about marriage at such an early age. :)

--1) indulekhadasi is 15 years old? Wow. I am actually going to be 14 next January. :)

But regarding marriage I prefer a big age difference and besides it is not time to think about marriage at such an early age

--2) I know you are refering to SRI BRIHAD BHAGAVATAMRITA Vol 2

a) it's a big Volume [tome] Which Verse?

b) Now I have to remove the plastic shrink-wrap that still covers it --I Wanted to wait to read all 3 Volumes at a marathon schedule.

c) my question [if the your reply to the topic [re: Sri Sadashiva] was "akin to" ['in relation to'] what is mentioned in Srimad Bhagavatam SB 11.27.29 + Purport's explaination--

[RE: the Gaëeça and Durgä mentioned in this verse are not the same personalities present within the material world; rather, they are eternal associates of the Lord in Vaikuëöha].

--3) My many years of training in martial arts was perfected because I had to tangle with Girls & MAny Women Black-belt teachers too, especially the Olympian Competitors Woman that I always had to spar with; they taught me to use technique only and not brute force --so go ahead and charge, it's so cool!

-4) THE SASTRA KID has stuck again.

--5) Paramatma is in your heart--thus, you needed make efforts outside of finding Visnhu in other manifestations except as He is.

"It's 2008, Do you know who your Gurus are?"

Hey I am not 15 yet...I have many months to go. I am not even 14 1/2 yet.

Yes, that quote from Srimad Bhagavatam pretty much explains what I am trying to say. Nevertheless do go into the 2nd volume. I know it is large but once you start reading you can't take your eyes off. It is the last chapter. I would have to go in to see the verse.

I try to spare you un-pleasant truths so as to let live as blissfully innocents do, but you keep asking for medicine:

......................................................................................

SB 1.2.26:

Those who are serious about liberation are certainly nonenvious, and they respect all. Yet they reject the horrible and ghastly forms of the demigods and worship only the all-blissful forms of Lord Viñëu and His plenary portions.

......................................................................................

SB 11.2.6:

Those who worship the demigods receive reciprocation from the demigods in a way just corresponding to the offering. The demigods are attendants of karma, like a person’s shadow, but sädhus are actually merciful to the fallen.

SB 3.2.37:

O gentle one, of all the physical elements, beginning from the sky down to the earth, all the inferior and superior qualities are due only to the final touch of the glance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

SB 3.28.22:

The blessed Lord Çiva becomes all the more blessed by bearing on his head the holy waters of the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:place w:st=Ganges</st1:place>, which has its source in the water that washed the Lord’s lotus feet. The Lord’s feet act like thunderbolts hurled to shatter the mountain of sin stored in the mind of the meditating devotee. One should therefore meditate on the lotus feet of the Lord for a long time.</b>

<font face=" /><st1:place w:st="on"><FONT face=Balaram>Ganges</st1:place><FONT face=Balaram>, which has its source in the water that washed the Lord’s lotus feet. The Lord’s feet act like thunderbolts hurled to shatter the mountain of sin stored in the mind of the meditating devotee. One should therefore meditate on the lotus feet of the Lord for a long time.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>PURPORT

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>In this verse the position of Lord Çiva is specifically mentioned. The impersonalist suggests that the Absolute Truth has no form and that one can therefore equally imagine the form of Viñëu or Lord Çiva or the goddess Durgä or their son Gaëeça.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>But actually the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the supreme master of everyone. In the Caitanya-caritämåta (Ädi 5.142) it is said, ekale éçvara kåñëa, ara saba bhåtya: the Supreme Lord is Kåñëa, and everyone else, including Lord Çiva and Lord Brahmä—not to mention other demigods—is a servant of Kåñëa.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>The same principle is described here. Lord Çiva is important because he is holding on his head the holy Ganges water, which has its origin in the foot-wash of Lord Viñëu.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>In the Hari-bhakti-viläsa, by Sanätana Gosvämé, it is said that anyone who puts the Supreme Lord and the demigods, including Lord Çiva and Lord Brahmä, on the same level, at once becomes a päñaëòé, or atheist. We should never consider that the Supreme Lord Viñëu and the demigods are on an equal footing.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>Another significant point of this verse is that the mind of the conditioned soul, on account of its association with the material energy from time immemorial, contains heaps of dirt in the form of desires to lord it over material nature. This dirt is like a mountain, but a mountain can be shattered when hit by a thunderbolt.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>Meditating on the lotus feet of the Lord acts like a thunderbolt on the mountain of dirt in the mind of the yogé. If a yogé wants to shatter the mountain of dirt in his mind, he should concentrate on the lotus feet of the Lord and not imagine something void or impersonal. Because the dirt has accumulated like a solid mountain, one must meditate on the lotus feet of the Lord for quite a long time.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>For one who is accustomed to thinking of the lotus feet of the Lord constantly, however, it is a different matter. The devotees are so fixed on the lotus feet of the Lord that they do not think of anything else. Those who practice the yoga system must meditate on the lotus feet of the Lord for a long time after following the regulative principles and thereby controlling the senses.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>It is specifically mentioned here, bhagavataç caraëäravindam: one has to think of the lotus feet of the Lord. The Mäyävädés imagine that one can think of the lotus feet of Lord Çiva or Lord Brahmä or the goddess Durgä to achieve liberation, but this is not so. Bhagavataù is specifically mentioned. Bhagavataù means “of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Viñëu,” and no one else. Another significant phrase in this verse is çivaù çivo ’bhüt.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>By his constitutional position, Lord Çiva is always great and auspicious, but since he has accepted on his head the Ganges water, which emanated from the lotus feet of the Lord, he has become even more auspicious and important. The stress is on the lotus feet of the Lord. A relationship with the lotus feet of the Lord can even enhance the importance of Lord Çiva, what to speak of other, ordinary living entities.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>......................................................................................

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>SB 4.19.22 Purport:

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>. . . Vedic literature states that a person who puts Lord Näräyaëa on the level with Lord Çiva or Lord Brahmä immediately becomes a päkhaëòé. As stated in the Puräëas:

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>yas tu näräyaëaà devaà

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>brahma-rudrädi-daivataiù

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>samatvenaiva vékñeta

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>sa päñaëòé bhaved dhruvam

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>In Kali-yuga the päkhaëòés are very prominent. However, Lord Çré Caitanya Mahäprabhu has tried to kill all these päkhaëòés by introducing His saìkértana movement. Those who take advantage of this saìkértana movement of the International Society for <st1:place w:st="on">Krishna</st1:place> Consciousness will be able to save themselves from the influence of these päkhaëòés.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>......................................................................................

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>SB 4.19.23 Purport:

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>. . . In the Vaiñëava Tantra it is said:

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>Although it is forbidden, there are many päñaëòés who coin terms like daridra-näräyaëa and svämi-näräyaëa, although not even such demigods as Brahmä and Çiva can be equal to Näräyaëa.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>SB 4.30.24 Purport:

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>. . . One should therefore not think that Lord Viñëu is in the same category with Lord Brahmä and Çiva. The çästras forbid us to think in this way.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>One who considers Lord Viñëu to be in the same category with devas like Lord Brahmä or Lord Çiva or who thinks Lord Brahmä and Çiva to be equal to Lord Viñëu is to be considered as päñaëòé (a faithless nonbeliever). Therefore in this verse Lord Viñëu is distinguished in the words namo viçuddha-sattväya. Although a living entity like us, Lord Brahmä is exalted due to his pious activities; therefore he is given the high post of Brahmä. Lord Çiva is not actually like a living entity, but he is not the Supreme Personality of Godhead. His position is somewhere between Viñëu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and Brahmä, the living entity. Lord Çiva is therefore explained in Brahma-saàhitä (5.45) in this way:

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>kñéraà yathä dadhi vikära-viçeña-yogät

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>saïjäyate na hi tataù påthag <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">asti</st1:place></st1:City> hetoù

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>yaù çambhutäm api tathä samupaiti käryäd

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>govindam ädi-puruñaà tam ahaà bhajämi

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>Lord Çiva is considered to be like yogurt (dadhi). Yogurt is nothing but transformed milk; nonetheless, yogurt cannot be accepted as milk. Similarly, Lord Çiva holds almost all the powers of Lord Viñëu, and he is also above the qualities of the living entity, but he is not exactly like Viñëu, just as yogurt, although transformed milk, is not exactly like milk.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>The Supreme Personality of Godhead is also described herein as väsudeväya kåñëäya. Kåñëa is the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, and all Viñëu expansions are His plenary portions or portions of His plenary portions (known as sväàça and kalä).

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>SB 11.5.32

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>kåñëa-varëaà tviñäkåñëaà

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>säìgopäìgästra-pärñadam

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>yajïaiù saìkértana-präyair

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>yajanti hi su-medhasaù

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>SYNONYMS

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>kåñëa-varëam—repeating the syllables kåñ-ëa; tviñä—with a luster; akåñëam—not black (golden); sa-aìga—along with associates; upa-aìga—servitors; astra—weapons; pärñadam—confidential companions; yajïaiù—by sacrifice; saìkértana-präyaiù—consisting chiefly of congregational chanting; yajanti—they worship; hi—certainly; su-medhasaù—intelligent persons.

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>TRANSLATION

<FONT face=Balaram><FONT size=3>In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the names of Kåñëa. Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Kåñëa Himself. He is accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons and confidential companions.

Let a priest check your horoscope, maybe there's potential for a marriage. ;)

This kind of WELLWISHING is what is in dire need for the gratuates of all Gurukulas, small , large, local, international, posh, simple, grand, low or just your closest relatives -- this prayer for the future happiness and satisfaction of a proper Grihasta-ship [house holder].

IT IS ONLY THROUGH THE WELLWISHING OF THE BEST OF THE BEST EXPERT AND SEASONED AND ADVANCED AND AUSPICIOUS AND BLESSED AND ENLIGHTENED People that other people may thrive.

keep up the good WELLWISHES,

Bhaktajan

Bhaktajan prabhuji, do you understand that Lord Sadashiva is eternal? He is like yogurt and Lord Vishnu is like milk. Lord Sadashiva is an expansion of Lord Vishnu. So let us not disregard Him. It is obvious that Lord Sadashiva cannot become Lord Vishnu, although Lord Vishnu became Lord Sadashiva. In that sense Lord Vishnu is higher. Remember the importance of devotees however. Lord Shiva is the greatest devotee: vaishnavanam yatha sambuh. Do you disagree with what I am saying? For Vaishnavas, Lord Shiva is NOT a demigod, He is the Supreme Vaishnava.