IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sathya

Shiva, Padma and Skanda Purana

Rate this topic

Radhe Krishna,

If u can read Hindi, u can get it from Gorakpur press.

If u r in South India, u can get tamil translation f the same from kanchi kamakoti mutt. But develop ur knowledge in samskrutham and have english or hindi or tamil version as just a support.

Radhe Krishna

Guest guest

Jay Siya Ram, Jay Shree Krsna, Om Namah Shivayam.

Any idea where I can get hold of complete English translations of these texts?

Sanatan Dharma ke jay.

The Shiva Purana is not a maha-purana, contrary to popular opinion. The Vayu Purana is the actual Shaiva Maha-purana.

A matter of names getting mixed up. So you may want to buy the vayu instead. Also, if the MLBD web site lists a certain book as out of print, do not despair. Call up one of their stores and if available, they will be happy to find you a copy for no extra charge. I have found 2 out of print books this way.

Cheers

I don't know about book translations but i have found university language centres a great resource. Their translations are non-religious and purely academic. Cambridge Uni has online resources - check it out (now that i'm looking for it i can't find it! If i come accross it, will post here).

inetersting quote from Vayu Purana (from http://mangalpur.tripod.com/id15.html):

suddho gaurah-su-dirghango

ganga-tira-samudbhavah

dayaluh-kirtana-grahi

bhavisyami kalau yuge In the age of Kali-Yuga, I shall come [bhavisyami kalau yuge] in a place on the bank of the Ganges [ganga-tira-samudbhavah]. I will be very pure [suddhah], have a golden complexion [gaurah], and be very tall [su-dirghangah] and chant the holy names of Krishna.

Sound familiar? ;)