IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

Want to know situations in some Hindi speaking villages

Rate this topic

J. N. Das Ji,

You have carried out food-relief programs in Orissa. However, I am interested in knowing the situations of some villages where people know Hindi. Please note. I am not against other languages, but for some reason, as of now, I am asking about villages where Hindi is spoken.

If you have spent time in such villages in recent past (either for food-relief program or for any other reason), please post their names, locations and most importantly the kinds of problems the people their face. The problems could be bad roads, bad sanitation, lack of good hospitals, lack of good education system or any other.

Thank You.

Note: I have addressed this to jndas. However, if some others have experience of such villages, please post.

I want to go to a village and live there for some weeks (minimum one month). My main aim in living there is to do something good to them. Please suggest a village where people can communicate in Hindi. I am not against other languages but I am mentioning Hindi so that there is no communication problem. Once I have got some experience in living in such a village and gained confidence, I may visit other villages in future. The village should be such that the people there have some problems because of lack of good schools, bad roads, poverty etc. but it should not have recurring violences.

I have already saved fund for this purpose and I also have made detailed plan on what I will be doing once I get there.

But now I need to decide what village to go to. Can any one suggest?

I seem to have missed your original post. I have never spent much time in North India, so I have no experience in Hindi speaking regions. You could try to volunteer through Akshaya Patra (Bangalore ISKCON), as they have programs in Jaipur and Vrindavan. But I am not sure if they accept outside volunteers or not.