death of Jesus, love, etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Ananthasree,

Although I'm not a Christian, I'm married to a devoted Catholic and I'm sure he

would

disagree with this stereotype of Christianity being so focused on the death of

Jesus' body

(Mel Gibson's fixation with the blood and gore in his film aside!). He'd say the

point of the

crucifixion isn't the physical death, but that Jesus sacrificed himself out of

supreme love.

So, even though the whole crucifixion-redemption scenario doesn't resonate for

me,

personally, I can appreciate how others feel it as an ultimate act of Divine

mercy.

Blessings,

Iswari

Ammachi, "Ananthasree" <ananthasree@m...> wrote:

> Yet, many still cling to the death of Jesus body as if that were the most

important part of

> the journey. I was just reading about this in The Mystic Christ and it

reminded me of the

> parallel between this and things like the death penalty.

Dear Ananthasree,

Although I'm not a Christian, I'm married to a devoted Catholic and I'm sure he

would

disagree with this stereotype of Christianity being so focused on the death of

Jesus' body

(Mel Gibson's fixation with the blood and gore in his film aside!). He'd say the

point of the

crucifixion isn't the physical death, but that Jesus sacrificed himself out of

supreme love.

So, even though the whole crucifixion-redemption scenario doesn't resonate for

me,

personally, I can appreciate how others feel it as an ultimate act of Divine

mercy.

Blessings,

Iswari

Ammachi, "Ananthasree" <ANANTHASREE@M...>wrote:

> Yet, many still cling to the death of Jesus body as if that were the most

important part of

> the journey. I was just reading about this in The Mystic Christ and it

reminded me of the

> parallel between this and things like the death penalty.

Hi

I am sorry to say that Jesus dieing a cursed death on Cross for the imaginary sins of the Christians is only a mythical creed invented by Paul; not by Jesus himself. This is how the followers of religion corrupt his life account and its founder.

Just think talking of love and then offering a deity so cruel to kill his only begotten son this way! Can there be anything more mythical than this.

This way we learn as to how the message sent by ONE- on High, on His messengers is lost under debris of time. Here is a lesson to learn.

This is what I firmly believe in faith-with-eyes; others could believe what they think is right. There is no compulsion in religion. I respect everybody's religion.

Thanks

Hello, to paarsurrey. I wish to respond to your post as I believe their are some serious discrepancies in how you are portraying my faith. I realize that many factors have come into play arising in many conflicts. It is a very sad thing when any religious group claims to have the sole monopoly on the truth. Truth can be found in all religions. The Catholic Church believes that 'salvation' (choose your own interpretation of this) CAN be found outside of its doors.

Hi

I am sorry to say that Jesus dieing a cursed death on Cross for the imaginary sins of the Christians is only a mythical creed invented by Paul; not by Jesus himself. This is how the followers of religion corrupt his life account and its founder.

The concept of Christ's death is a very comforting one to me. The gospels contain many instances of Jesus foretelling of His death and resurrection. As for the apostle St. Paul, he was converted through a vision after having been a persecutors of Christians. He was not even necessarily accepted by Christians at first until his story corroborated with theirs. Christ frequently finds the most unlikely of individuals to use in his message of mercy and compassion.

Just think talking of love and then offering a deity so cruel to kill his only begotten son this way! Can there be anything more mythical than this.

We believe that Jesus IS God.Much the way Krisna devotees believe that Krisna is Vishnu; And much the way Sai Baba devotees believe that Sai Baba is Shiva. Much the same way that Shiva and Vishnu are Brahma.(I apologize if my understanding is in error. Please forgive me and correct me if I am wrong.) God gave His own life willingly to atone for the wrongs of humankind. I also would like to add that Catholics interpret the Bible in a contextual fashion as opposed to a literal fashion as the modern fundamentalists are inclined to do.

This way we learn as to how the message sent by ONE- on High, on His messengers is lost under debris of time. Here is a lesson to learn.

This is what I firmly believe in faith-with-eyes; others could believe what they think is right. There is no compulsion in religion. I respect everybody's religion.

Thanks

This statement I can agree with.However, Jesus has said that blessed are they who have not seen and yet still believe. There is a mystery to faith. It is a type of a magic. Although, my fellow Catholics would cringe to hear me call it a magic, so to speak. I can think of no other universal term to explain it in.

Jesus' message is one of peace, love and compassion and mercy. Ahimsa. No harm.