IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
preetesh

What would you change in Mahabharta?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

the death of abhimanyu is pitiable. it the unfortunate that Lord Krishna who knows all the happenings did not wish to safeguard his nephew. i want abhimanyu to remain alive and get the throne of Hastinapur in the end.

the death of abhimanyu is pitiable. it the unfortunate that Lord Krishna who knows all the happenings did not wish to safeguard his nephew. i want abhimanyu to remain alive and get the throne of Hastinapur in the end.

Warrior's Death is what all warriors will wish for in Battlefield, especially Kyastria. Abimanyu died as warrior and therefore, it is not something to pity. :eek4:

However, what I could see changed is the fact that at least one Kauravas out of 100 could have survived.

Guest guest

i would change nothing. The mahabharata, although used by many on moral grounds, is an ancient representation of ancient indian history. To change it would be to change history and therefore belief in that which did not happen or did not exist.

Keep it all the same. the good, the bad and the ugly

Guest guest

I don't think you can change it, but I will say what I dislike about it. I dislike the character of Draupadi. Why? Because she is very arrogant, is a casteist (towards Karna) and doesn't seem to care much about other people. I would never go to war for the likes of her. She is the total opposite of Sita devi from Ramayana.

But all of the characters in the Mahabharata have flaws, except for Krishna, and only Yudhisthira made it to heaven (tested by Indra for his humbleness to refuse heven if they didn't let the dog that accompanied him on his journey) where the others dropped dead along the way. They were not as pure as Yudhisthira.

I like the character of Karna, he was the greatest warrior and a hero to the outcastes, it's too bad he chose the wrong side.

This all depends on what version of Mahabharata you have studied. If you have learned Mahabharata from the TV serial, or from someone's summary translations, then probably many things have been misrepresented to make it dramatic. The best place to understand Mahabharata is from Mahabharata-tatparya-nirnaya of Madhva.

After reading that, I think everyone would understand why each event took place and no long want anything changed.

Guest guest

What would you like to change in Mahabharta?

What is appealing about the mahabharata? Krishna with his divine status and ability to perform magic. Else, it would be a normal, boring story of ordinary people with their greed, envy and pain which can be seen anywhere and everywhere.

This is what I would change.

I would have Krishna put his magic to some real use instead of using it to play silly games like lifting mountains on little fingers or creating long sarees. Eradicate evil, poverty, disease and in general pain from the planet for all time to come. Basically, correct all the obvious flaws in creation.

This act will not even take a second, thus making redundant the rest of the mahabharata.

Cheers

Guest guest

What is appealing about the mahabharata? Krishna with his divine status and ability to perform magic. Else, it would be a normal, boring story of ordinary people with their greed, envy and pain which can be seen anywhere and everywhere.

This is what I would change.

I would have Krishna put his magic to some real use instead of using it to play silly games like lifting mountains on little fingers or creating long sarees. Eradicate evil, poverty, disease and in general pain from the planet for all time to come. Basically, correct all the obvious flaws in creation.

This act will not even take a second, thus making redundant the rest of the mahabharata.

Cheers

Then I presume all stories are boring to you? what's a story without internal and/or external conflicts?

And you really do seem to lack any wisdom to appreciate the Mahabharata on any level. You call yourself a Hindu???

Krishna incarnated on Earth for the pleasure of his devotees and to maintain balance on Earth. NOT to make good completely eliminate evil, but to restore the balance, and to help the world transition into the fourth age. To eradicate poverty, disease and all other evils was not his dharma, so why would he do it? God has still not done it to this day, so why should Krishna (even if he were considered as God, or the Supreme Himself)?

Guest guest

Namaste

where can I find an english translation of Mahabharata-tatparya-nirnaya of Madhva ?

I searched in google but couldn´t find it...

Guest guest

where can I find an english translation of Mahabharata-tatparya-nirnaya of Madhva ?

Pl see this webpage. Some effort is being made to consolidate that work.

>> http - no three ws - bharatatatparyanirnaya.122mb dot com <<

i would change that the mahabharat was written for less intelligent people like sudras and women.

i would change that karna wasn't made king.

i would change that karna got floated down the river by his mum.

i would change that draupadi was haughty.

i would change that bhima didn't smash duryodhana when he was insulting draupadi.

i would change that none of the big authorities acted on draupadi's appeal when she was dragged by the hair into the court.

If you read Mahabharata, then you will find that any incident happened because of some other incidents before that. Moreover, this incident, in turn, caused some other incident.

So, if you change any one incident you will have to change many others. Because of changing those many others, you have to change still many others. Finally, the change will be so much that what you finally get will be completely different from what current Mahabharata contains.

If by changing you are asking what incidents were not good, then the answer is that there were many such incidents. Otherwise, what was the need for war? But Mahabharata being a recorded history, it should contain what happened and not what we wish should have happened.

Guest guest

Just in case anyone is wondering, Mahabharata Tatparya Nirnaya was written by Sri Madhva. And Sri Madhva was the incarnation of Sri Bhimasena, the greatest of devatas, Vayu Jivottama. Hence, this is the ONLY interpretation of MB that's going to be accurate, because it's written by Lord Vayu, who actually was instrumental in the victory of pandavas.