IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Reg. Gayathri Mantram and ISKCON

Rate this topic

"THE QUESTION IS ALMOST LIKE AN INSULT "

you feel this as a insult as you hate to hear this. Well, you shuld have said, yes my religion stop us. is it good to kill other living beings for our food?

Well, As I have been taught by my guru and Scriptures I follows those. You can get the education at home also but why shuld to go to school? Why should to follow school's rules? we can get education without rules. right? Actually every rule is benificial. To believe on God is something. But every religion has their own rules. Why? Cause their Gods has made them. Dont lie... Help others... etc rules are also written. But these are basic rules. In hindu scriptures, Veds reveals so many pujas and their rules... you know why??? because by them we can reach GOD. Is there any example of any living entity who got to see God after not following religion's rules? NO. To be genunie with principles is one thing and To do worship to reach God is some thing different.

YES, YOU ARE RIGHT...I CAN SAY THAT THIS IS MY RELIGION...BUT TO PEOPLE WHO DONT UNDERSTAND THE DEPTH OF THE RELIGION IT IS NOT USE EXPLAINING THESE THINGS...I STUDIED IN A SCHOOL RUN BY A SOCIETY OF JESUITS AND THEREFORE HAVE AN APPRECIATION OF CHRISTANITY .....RELIGION OR GODS IN NAY FORMS CAME IN TIMES WHEN CERIAN THINGS WERE RELEVANT...LIKE PEOPLE USED TO KILL ANIMLAS FOR FOOD......SOME PLACES IT WAS OKAY AND OTHERS IT WAS NOT...

I DO AGREE WITH YOU THAT ONE NEEDS TO HAVE PRINCIPLES IN LIFE OR RULES AS YOU HAVE SAID IT....I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT HINDUISM TAKE YOU TO A DIFFERENT LEVEL TOTALLY.....I HAVE EXPERIENCED THAT MYSELF.....RULES OR PRINCIPLES IS ONE THING BUT RIGIDITY IN THOSE RULES TO GET TO WEAR CERTAIN CLOTHES OR NOT WEAR OTHER CLOTHES IN MY HUMBLE OPINION IS IRRELEVANT.....ALTHOUGH I DO KNOW THAT DIFFERENT COLOURS GENERATE DIFFERENT VIBRATIONS....DIFFERENT FOODS ALSO DO GENERATE DIFFERENT VIBRATIONS......BUT FOLLOWING THE ESSENCE OF WHAT IS REQUIRED IS THE KEY...FIRST THE BASICS....THEN THE REST...A VERY BASIC RULE...DONT LIE....HOW MANY OF US FOLLOW......NOT LYING IS A HUGER TERM......VAST LIKE AN OCEAN

In srimad bhagwatam only 9 types of lie is free but only once in a life. And usually I dont lie. in fact in srimad Bhagwatam Lord Ved Vyas said God is Satya, and it is our Religion. by that he wanted to give us a message to follow Truth. :)

Well, In hinduism every thing has a logic. I have no idea why Scriptures said no. I will ask to Respected Gurudev and get back to you. hows that?

Shame on all of you that are knoking down westerners and there Gayatri practizes...

Personally the gayatri was given to me while I was asleep living in seclusion.I woke up and started chanting this mantra without knowing what it meant. I still dont truly know what the true beautifull meaning is and I hope one day I will know..

But what a waste of your time and this space is on talking on this. I have the same blood and exactly the same particles you people have..Reach deep whitin and see that we all belong.

Dear Traveller,

You are absolutely right. Gayatry and Veda can be chanted and studied by by any one as it is universal. It does not belongs to any one perticular. In fact veda teaches non -parochialism and equality of all beings.

However in in India, at one time a priestly class arose and monopolised the knowledge and institutionalised rules to their own advantage. Cast system came in to being and lower cast and women were banned from studying Veda. It is restricted to only Bhramin male. Sinse then any one who is not a bhramin male is not initiated with veda or gayatri. Ignoioring the fact that many rishis who wrote the vedis verses were the socalled 'lower' cast and women. This is all a professional con and nothing else.

Though it is very irritating, you need not bother about this ignorance of Hindus. Gayatri is a universal and holy mantra. It belongs to every one.

Regards,

K.Ravindran