IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
narayanadasa

Baby Krishna on leaf with toe in mouth?

Rate this topic

Radhe Krishna,

jndasji, Radhe krishna, next to whitelotus, it seems u r my another companion in remembering Shrimad Bhagavatham.

Yes, this episode is in dwadasa skanda of Shrimad Bhagavatham. And it was not actual pralaya. It was manasika pralaya. Rishi markandeya (yes the markandeya who was redeemed from yama by Lord shiva, the mrityunjaya, and blessed with 16years of age for ever) when he got darshan of Lord vishnu, asked what is maya for which the lord answered simply with a smile. Back in dhyana, the rishi experienced the pralaya and himself getting being thrown and chcuked in pralaya jala. when helpless, to his astonishment he saw this beautiful balakaa chewing his thumb finger of his leg floating on a leave of vata vrksha.

There is a beautiful shloka - outside Shrimad Bhagavatham

"Kararavindena padaravindam

mukaravinde viniveshayantham

vatasya pathrasya pute sayanam

balam mukundam manasa smarami"

I hope this verse does not need any translation. This is simply a reproduction of the beautiful picture posted above. Thank u thanks a lot Narayanadasa for giving me an opportunity to :

1. Remember the episode from Shrimad Bhagavatha

2. to enjoy the picture of Balamukunda

3. to remember the shloka which my grandmother taught me when I was a child.

Very happy, very very happy.

Radhe Krishna.

Jai Sriman Narayana:

Someone also described this scene beautifully (told to me by my friend) . He said "The Lord was himself was not sure why devotees worship his lotus feet, is it so sweet? that he tried to put his own feet into this mouth just to taste and see for himself his own-self!" How wonderful!

Radhe Krishna,

Narayanadasaji, Radhekrishna, It shows that you come from a Sampradaya full of rasikas.

Shukacharya says in Bhagawatham - "Pibatha Bhagawatham rasamaalayam muhurahorasikaha bhuvi bhavukaha"

Shri krishna is everything for everybody - ofcourse

But for me he is rasikagraganya.

Do you remember any paasuram of "Vishnuchitha" which describes this beautiful leela? I would like very much to share that with you.

Radhe Krishna

Radhe Krishna,

Narayanadasaji, Radhekrishna, It shows that you come from a Sampradaya full of rasikas.

Shukacharya says in Bhagawatham - "Pibatha Bhagawatham rasamaalayam muhurahorasikaha bhuvi bhavukaha"

Shri krishna is everything for everybody - ofcourse

But for me he is rasikagraganya.

Do you remember any paasuram of "Vishnuchitha" which describes this beautiful leela? I would like very much to share that with you.

Radhe Krishna

Jai Sriman Narayana:

Thanks for responding and offering to share the Paasuram, I certainly dont remember it.

Radhe Krishna,

What I meant was I do not know it. But as for my knowledge goes the "Peria thirumozhi" of shri vishnuchitha is full of "Shrimad Bhagawatham". In that case there must be reference about this leela also. If you can enquire from your saha shrivaishnava bhakthas - I may get insght to how this was described in Naalayira divyaprabhandam.

Radhe Krishna

Radhe Krishna,

What I meant was I do not know it. But as for my knowledge goes the "Peria thirumozhi" of shri vishnuchitha is full of "Shrimad Bhagawatham". In that case there must be reference about this leela also. If you can enquire from your saha shrivaishnava bhakthas - I may get insght to how this was described in Naalayira divyaprabhandam.

Radhe Krishna

Jai Sriman Narayana:

Sure, I am checking anyway. Will let you know as soon as I find out.

Radhe Krishna,

Radhe krishna, narayanadasaji, If my guess is correct - are you from Andhra Pradesh and belong to thenkalai.

I need another clarification which I raised in "Shrivaishnava" thread regarding vaishnava lakshanam.

Once I heard in pravachanam of Mukkur lakshmi nrusimhacharyar about vaishnava lakshanam. The quote was in tamil

"Kokkai pol iruppan, Kozhiyai pol iruppan, uppai pol iruppan, ummai pol iruppan" For this also you please get clarification from your saha vaishnava friends

Radhe Krishna

"