IndiaDivine.org
sailu

why tingling sensation between eyebrows?

Rate this topic

Hi all

I am having a tingling sensation between my eyebrows. I had this feeling first when I meditated along with a preceptor.I have been listening to lectures of various masters for a week. constantly engaging my mind in trying to analyze what I have been listening. Now suddenly I feel this wonderful feeling and when I concentrate on it, that keeps my mind so still like having zero TPS(thoughts per second).

I just want to understand why this happened, what does this indicate and where this would lead to?

Please shed some light.

Thank you all.

-S

Hi all

I am having a tingling sensation between my eyebrows. I had this feeling first when I meditated along with a preceptor.I have been listening to lectures of various masters for a week. constantly engaging my mind in trying to analyze what I have been listening. Now suddenly I feel this wonderful feeling and when I concentrate on it, that keeps my mind so still like having zero TPS(thoughts per second).

I just want to understand why this happened, what does this indicate and where this would lead to?

Please shed some light.

Thank you all.

-S

That sounds positive and may be a sign that you are beginning to stimulate your ajna chakra (my speculation). However if you have to ask these kinds of questions on the internet then you must not have a more experienced person to mentor you. I recommend you suspend your meditation until you have a more experienced person that you have direct contact with to mentor you - that is the way it has been done for thousands of years. Otherwise there is a chance of unsettling your mind. Until you find someone, just do worship of your Ishta Devata, read Ramayana and Mahabharata and practice mauna (silence) especially in the morning hours.

Guest Melvin1

I haven`t experienced tingling sensations between my eyebrows even once. But I do know it is where your third eye is located. Maybe it`s just a tired muscle in your forehead that caused it. Maybe of too much focusing or seeing an object.

I also have noticed this since childhood. I can stimulate it anytime by just placing my finger 1 inch from the skin between my eyebrows. This is also a confluence point for various nerves (look on any nerve chart).

So many sensations come to us via the mind and other senses. They are all passing, transitory, and have no real value. Only a direct sense of the presence of the Lord will satify the soul.

Hare Krishna

it might be some real spiritual feelings as well as some misinterpretation of ordinary physical sensation . and the best person to interpret this would be your guru or any truly spiritual individual .

personally i think it is best not to ask such questions here in an internet forum because chances are extremely high that you would be misled and left confused in long term . i really doubt how many sadhaks would become brahmangyani and then roam about the net to answer such serious questions as these........ !!!!!

its best to start searching for some genuine spiritual person ...... if you are earnest enough , time is ripe and if god wills you shall definitely succeed .

it might be some real spiritual feelings as well as some misinterpretation of ordinary physical sensation . and the best person to interpret this would be your guru or any truly spiritual individual .

personally i think it is best not to ask such questions here in an internet forum because chances are extremely high that you would be misled and left confused in long term . i really doubt how many sadhaks would become brahmangyani and then roam about the net to answer such serious questions as these........ !!!!!

its best to start searching for some genuine spiritual person ...... if you are earnest enough , time is ripe and if god wills you shall definitely succeed .

<a href=http://vedabase.net/bg/5/27-28/en target=new>Bhagavad-gita TEXTS 5.27–28</a>:<BLOCKQUOTE><CENTER><FONT COLOR=RED>sparzAn kRtvA bahir bAhyAMz

cakSuz caivAntare bhruvoH

prANApAnau samau kRtvA

nAsAbhyantara-cAriNau

yatendriya-mano-buddhir

munir mokSa-parAyaNaH

vigatecchA-bhaya-krodho

yaH sadA mukta eva saH

</CENTER>

sparzAn--sense objects, such as sound; kRtvA--keeping; bahiH--external; bAhyAn--unnecessary; cakSuH--eyes; ca--also; eva--certainly; antare--between; bhruvoH--the eyebrows; prANa-apAnau--up-and down-moving air; samau--in suspension; kRtvA--keeping; nAsa-abhyantara--within the nostrils; cAriNau--blowing; yata--controlled; indriya--senses; manaH--mind; buddhiH--intelligence; muniH--the transcendentalist; mokSa--for liberation; parAyaNaH--being so destined; vigata--having discarded; icchA--wishes; bhaya--fear; krodhaH--anger; yaH--one who; sadA--always; muktaH--liberated; eva--certainly; saH--he is.

<B></FONT>

Shutting out all external sense objects, keeping the eyes and vision concentrated between the two eyebrows, suspending the inward and outward breaths within the nostrils, and thus controlling the mind, senses and intelligence, the transcendentalist aiming at liberation becomes free from desire, fear and anger. One who is always in this state is certainly liberated.

</B>PURPORT

Being engaged in KRSNa consciousness, one can immediately understand one's spiritual identity, and then one can understand the Supreme Lord by means of devotional service. When one is well situated in devotional service, one comes to the transcendental position, qualified to feel the presence of the Lord in the sphere of one's activity. This particular position is called liberation in the Supreme.

After explaining the above principles of liberation in the Supreme, the Lord gives instruction to Arjuna as to how one can come to that position by the practice of the mysticism or yoga known as aSTAGga-yoga, which is divisible into an eightfold procedure called yama, niyama, Asana, prANAyAma, pratyAhAra, dhAraNA, dhyAna and samAdhi. In the Sixth Chapter the subject of yoga is explicitly detailed, and at the end of the Fifth it is only preliminarily explained. One has to drive out the sense objects such as sound, touch, form, taste and smell by the pratyAhAra process in yoga, and then keep the vision of the eyes between the two eyebrows and concentrate on the tip of the nose with half-closed lids. There is no benefit in closing the eyes altogether, because then there is every chance of falling asleep. Nor is there benefit in opening the eyes completely, because then there is the hazard of being attracted by sense objects. The breathing movement is restrained within the nostrils by neutralizing the up-moving and down-moving air within the body. By practice of such yoga one is able to gain control over the senses, refrain from outward sense objects, and thus prepare oneself for liberation in the Supreme.

This yoga process helps one become free from all kinds of fear and anger and thus feel the presence of the Supersoul in the transcendental situation. In other words, KRSNa consciousness is the easiest process of executing yoga principles. This will be thoroughly explained in the next chapter. A KRSNa conscious person, however, being always engaged in devotional service, does not risk losing his senses to some other engagement. This is a better way of controlling the senses than by the aSTAGga-yoga.</BLOCKQUOTE>

I also have noticed this since childhood. I can stimulate it anytime by just placing my finger 1 inch from the skin between my eyebrows.
Have you further researched this phenomenon? I have the same thing and describe it as a pulling or like a magnetic sensation. Does anyone else have this? I always kind of assumed that everyone has this but suddenly thought to check it out on the internet but it seems maybe not so common. thanks Eric

Guest Rakesh Nayak

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH....brother internet peoples ll crazy u !!! here is the truth !!! same thing i m feeling brother !!! now this is the last step !!! FINEL STAGE(NISHPATI) !!! bro its tingling because ur pinel and pirt,,,,both gland heated !!! so many less people in this world can feel this because they r so EGO LESS people !!! 1st u ll white light dancing around ur head....it can happen in dream or in meditation ...its same thing ....whatever u ll see in dream its seen by third eye 2nd now u soon ll see bright sun light and u ll enter that sun light its mean u ll enter brahm randra(the root to go sashasra chakra) . it can happen to u during meditation or yog nidra(dream) !!! in brahma randra there is 2 guru chakra ,,,brhukti and trikuti (just above between eyebrowchakra). the last step brother then the last step ll start .....just concerntrate on third eye ....ur 5 elements chakra is cleaned so no need to concerntrate on it !!! just concertrate where its tringling soon it ll go up slowly soon u ll feel cold above ur head ....!!! soon u ll feel show many beautifull thing !!! U ALREADY HAVE THE POWER ...U CAN see THOSE THING OTHER CANT SEE....WHEN EVER U LL FEEL LOVE OR SPIRITUAL U LL SEE LIGHTS IN INNER EYE  :biggrin: !!! it can be white light or sun light !!! brother only 1 way to jump this last step it is 100% believe n ur guru(lord) and dont ever lie i know u cant and try to control ur sexualty as much as u can dont worry if u cant then nothing bad ll happen to u but u loss littile bittile concerntration !!! i hope my comment helped u !!!

Guest gs

I feel it too. Earlier during meditation later just by concentration. I believe it's the place the soul lives in and pro icing the soul with attention energy flow and the more we give energy and the more it grows

My dear friend,

In practicing Dhayan( I call it art of attention not meditation). 

First of all one has to know that human body and mind are constantly changing, that is it is in state of Flux. So no sensations one experiences are permanent, all the sensation are impermanent no matter how good or painful they are, they have arise to end. 

So the main aim and goal of the true"Dhayan"you may call it Meditation, as it is used by every one, is to purify the mind from the habit of multiplying the three habits that is Craving, Aversion and Ego. Which are called as three poisons on the mind, which are responsible for the unhealthy mind and body.

So the technique of meditation should be helpful in transforming the unwholesome habit of multiplying ill will and hatred, anger and animosity, to the wholesome habit of developing goodwill and love, peace and harmony, with in, and thus one, practicing the purity of mind with the help of observing the flow of natural breadth, in and out continuously, and making the mind sharp and sensitive to observe the sensations and considering all the sensations, whether they are pleasurable sensations or painful sensations, all types of sensations experienced during meditation are impermanent and have arisen to go away, so no attachment to those sensations should be made, which is very harmful, and through these sensations mind develops the habit of multiplication of miseries( craving, aversion and ego). So the sensations are very powerful tool and the only tool to train the mind to be in equanimity. And this equanimity of mind will bring peace and harmony to the miserable life, which is one experiencing through the five sense organs of the body with the mind, as the sixth organ.

So the goal of the meditation is to purify the mind, and only a purified mind can experience real peace, real harmony, real love, real compassion, when the mind has developed habit to be in equanimity, in every situation arising in mind and body phenomenon.

May all be Happy... be Peaceful... be Liberated from the ignorance of self and live a healthy life mentally and physically.

May there be Peace.... Peace.... Peace... Every where.

From what I have learnt, the point between the eyebrow is connected with awareness.

Awareness comes about when there is no thought, so it is likely that since you are experiencing zero tps ( thoughts per second), your awareness is very high and hence the point between the eyebrows is being stimulated.  This is a very good sign that you are progressing on the spiritual path.

Sai Baba have stated that one ought to focus one's attention between the eyebrows, and so does Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita.

As I said, this is a very good sign that you are progressing on the spiritual path, but you must not allow the ego to develop as a result of this, or it will result in your regression.

Continue the meditation that you are doing, follow your intuitions that arrive in this state of awareness, and it will lead you in the right path. There is a good chance that a Guru or master will arrive to you for your further progress, so you must be alert for this.

If it does not happen, continue with your practices. You can also contact the preceptor who taught you meditation for further guidance on the path.

hi i don't want to alarm you but i had that feeling for few years while meditating with a transcendental meditation mantra and then after few years i got an epileptic seizure. i had spoken with a friend who is a meditator also and he is a psichiatris and he said the tingling sensations in the forehead could be a sign of a coming epileptic seizure.... if i was you i would stop and get an eeg just to be safe...

Hi all
Please shed some light.
Thank you all.
-S