Originally Posted by pvnarayanan
It is a very bad trend in Hinduism today that Astrologers have become religious advisors. How can anyone come to a conclusion that the Sri Yantra which has been worshipped for 15 years suddenly turned harmful?
The problem is that we expect Astrologers to provide answers to questions which have no answer. The entire theory of Karma is based on the fact that you can not explain the reasons for everything happening in your life. The Cause and Effect relationship.
There is no cause for many happenings in our life. This is the effect of Karma. But when you ask an astrologer he thinks he has to give a reason to get more Dakshina.
The common reasons given are;
1. Curse of the Gods. Very safe bet. Ask us to do some Pujas. The assumption here is that GOD is waiting to find a fault with you and punish you. This is basically against all the teachings of the scriptures.
The latest trend in this is saying that you have neglected your Kula Devata. Handy in these times when most people have left their native villages. So we have people running around searching for their Kula Devata.
2. Curse of the ancestors. Again a very safe bet since most people do not perform the shraddha ceremonies. Again the assumption is that the ancestors are waiting for an opportunity to curse their descendants.
3. Murtis in the Puja room/house - Point out that something is wrong. Sri Yantra is a safe target because most people have no idea about it. They would not tell this to a Sri Vidya Upasaka. Other Murtis like Nataraja, Dancing Ganesa are supposed to cause instability.
4. Sometimes the Deity you worship. If you worship Durga you will find astrologers in the South advising you to worship a Soumya ( in their opinion) Goddess.
5. In the past they used to advise a second marriage. Now it is not possible.
Now the fault is not with Astrology. But with us. Astrologers earn their living through astrology. So they have to please us, their customers.
So when they can not find any cause in the horoscope, they resort to any one of the above reasons.
Narayanan, you have suffered some set back because of your Karma. The only way to get over this to appeal to GOD. Only GOD can burn your karmas away.
Recite Lalita Trisathi every day.